UNEWS

bk18

Oh and also, I am super annoyed with whoever on the UNEWS article is commenting "Justice is served" and "Justice Prevails".

They totally contradict the idea of justice in their statement. Justice means assuming someone is innocent until proven guilty with solid, verifiable evidence.

Since there is no available evidence out there, it has just been rumors. I think the fact that the court of law said there was no case should make us wait to find more information before we say something is just.

Justice isn't served up on a platter or rumors. This bothers me. I'm not trying to make a direct comparison but the Roman soldiers deemed the crucifixion of Christ as justice.

So people out there better keep their mouths closed unless they know what they are talking about.

Interesting note: the consensus on here is that the players probably messed up in some way, but how it was handled was awful and they are now being unfairly punished. In general, standing behind the players. On the UNews and at least some of the news pages, completely the opposite. Those commenter's assume the players are guilty and that their status as stars is getting them off light.

Interesting note: the consensus on here is that the players probably messed up in some way, but how it was handled was awful and they are now being unfairly punished. In general, standing behind the players. On the UNews and at least some of the news pages, completely the opposite. Those commenter's assume the players are guilty and that their status as stars is getting them off light.

Interesting note: Do you know reads the UNews? Sheep shankers and scalliwags.

Someone posted this link on the comments section of the PD.

http://www.alternet.org/story/148460/shocking:_college_rapists_almost_always_get_off_the_hook

does this mean we should commend SLU for doing something?

I would agree to some extent. A finding was obviously made these guys acted terribly and perhaps committed forcable sexual assault. A year suspension was somehow commuted? With no explanation and by unknown people. If you believe, as SLU does, that something bad happened, how do you even leave open the door to these guys. Great Catholic principles there....

I would agree to some extent. A finding was obviously made these guys acted terribly and perhaps committed forcable sexual assault. A year suspension was somehow commuted? With no explanation and by unknown people. If you believe, as SLU does, that something bad happened, how do you even leave open the door to these guys. Great Catholic principles there....

hey dave...forgiveness is also a catholic principle.

I decided to make a profile and comment on the story myself. It was taken down by the moderators.

I’m assuming the two posters above know all the facts in order to be so certain justice was served. That must be nice. I’m pretty sure even the board that suspended the players doesn’t know all of the facts. Also, is it justice when the defendants don’t get the same rights in the courtroom that the accuser does?

Did I write something too offensive?

Edit: Sorry, the post just didn't show up because I wasn't currently logged in. I guess I'm just ready to argue.

hey dave...forgiveness is also a catholic principle.

Hate the sin but not the sinner is too.

However, how do you let someone involved in a sexual assault/rape of another student off with a couple month suspension and then let them back in? If they are actually guilty of what they are accused of, kick them out and never look back. A year then, reduced to 2 months for whatever reason done behind closed doors is a joke -- if they did it.

However, the process is SO flawed there is no credibility to any of it.