Crawford to remain in draft

Per Gary Parrish on CBSsports, an announcement is forthcoming from Xavier tonight. I know all the stuff about keeping the A-10 strong and all that rot, but this certainly makes the league even more wide open next year. Everyone at the Chaifetz for the X game this year knows how money this kid was.

Any time a league like the A-10 which is on the cusp, I believe, of really becoming THE non-BCS basketball league loses a player like Crawford early it is not good for the league. As for as SLU is concerned it may remove from our schedule a chance for a really nice win or two. Xavier will always be solid, but I think Crawford could have really made them special this year.

Any time a league like the A-10 which is on the cusp, I believe, of really becoming THE non-BCS basketball league loses a player like Crawford early it is not good for the league. As for as SLU is concerned it may remove from our schedule a chance for a really nice win or two. Xavier will always be solid, but I think Crawford could have really made them special this year.

Agreed. That sucks for the A-10 and SLU.

I'll never understand why some people will ***** that our schedule is too soft then get excited when a conference opponent is weakened.

Agreed. That sucks for the A-10 and SLU.

I'll never understand why some people will ***** that our schedule is too soft then get excited when a conference opponent is weakened.

have people been paying attention to xavier basketball over the past several years. they lose great players every year and somehow manage to win the conference and make a deep run into the ncaa tournament. remember, they lost derrick brown last year to the nba, along with the graduation of anderson, raymond. let's now feel sorry for x. they will and always will have the most talent in the a-10. they are a high-major program. granted, losing a player like crawford is big, but x has shown the ability to take those hits and keep on moving. that's why they are xavier.

have people been paying attention to xavier basketball over the past several years. they lose great players every year and somehow manage to win the conference and make a deep run into the ncaa tournament. remember, they lost derrick brown last year to the nba, along with the graduation of anderson, raymond. let's now feel sorry for x. they will and always will have the most talent in the a-10. they are a high-major program. granted, losing a player like crawford is big, but x has shown the ability to take those hits and keep on moving. that's why they are xavier.

I agree about Xavier's program. They always seem to have other players ready to step up and replace those who have left. One point I take issue with. I don't want to concede that they will ALWAYS have the most talent in the A-10. I think it can and hopefully in the near future will be our very own Bills that you can say that about.

I agree about Xavier's program. They always seem to have other players ready to step up and replace those who have left. One point I take issue with. I don't want to concede that they will ALWAYS have the most talent in the A-10. I think it can and hopefully in the near future will be our very own Bills that you can say that about.

On a related note, Anderson is back to Richmond.

6-7 Justin Martin and 6-5 Jay Canty will be asked to pick up Crawford's 20ppg along with senior Dante Jackson.

Equally as big of a loss as Crawford is so is the graduation of 6-9 Jason Love. Here are youtubes of Jay Canty and post recruit Jordan Latham who will be freshmen this fall.

(#11)

(#22)