I like Charlotte's position

slu72

they play TT, and it's been hard for a Booby Knight team to win in the first round the last few times he's been there. If they do win, which I think they will, they get St.Joes. I'm not so sure St.Joes has the answer to Mr. Withers and Badsen. Also, Brown and Plavich can rain 3 pt hell on you. UC better watch out for E.Tennesse st. Great little pg and a stong #4, they have talent. Not a stretch to see them pull off an upset, but UC should win with their bench. Memphis vs South Carolina. Being in Gamecock country they have surprised everyone this year. Odom's a hell of a coach. Their starting center is gone. Memphis should win. DePaul/Dayton is a pick'em should be a good game. Hats off to DePaul for a nice recovery from the Fat Pat disaster. UAB/Washington again a pick'em. That PG for UW looks good, but can he play the whole game against UAB's pressure? XU over UL? UL seems to lack something, still they got Pitino. Good first round games for CUSA teams. Be nice if they go 4-2, but it wouldn't be a shocker to see it go the other way either. I don't see a "lock" game for any of them.

I agree with you slu72 on E. TN ST. I saw them play here in Tampa last year and they did everything but beat Wake Forest in a 1st round game so that is a tough game for Cincy and I have already heard a few of the so called experts picking that one as one of their upset games.

St. Joes will go as far as Jameer Nelson and Delonte West will take them. They may very well be vulnerable to any opponent who has a strong inside game, but heck, they are another Jesuit U and soon to be conference partners, so I will be rooting for them and not Charlotte.

UC's bench is so deep and that is why I'm picking the cats. However, if UC's shooters go cold ET could pull off the upset and it wouldn't be a shocker. I got to cheer for good Old Charlotte. It's us and them going to the A-10 and I think we're starting a nice rivalry there. Now I am cheering for XU to knock off UL.

My team in the tourney again this year will be the Zags, and playing the 1st two games in Seattle almost a home court for them makes them a good bet to get to St. Louis. I think the Zags could have a major run in them this year, as I have seen KY play a few times this year and this isn't the KY team of years past...they are beatable. The Zags have a nice compliment of bigs to go with Blake Stepp's outside shotting. Frankly, I think this year's NCAA is wide open and there isn't a clear cut favorite in my book. Lot's of teams have hope as they get it tipped up on Thursday.

I forgot to mention that E. TN State has a 5'9" Soph PG by the name of Tim Smith who is as fast as greased lightning. I hope that D. Polk will bring a lot of the same attributes that this kid showed me last year. I was very impressed with his play. Oh by the way, their HC last year left them and took the Penn State job. They are now coached by Murray Bartow former HC at UAB...he should know a thing or two about Huggy Bear.