Xavier recruit

Billiken75

I was looking at Xavier's line-up and the only Sr is Love. However, I see that Xavier has signed 4 recruits. Are they planning on dropping some scholarship players?

Any Xavier fans care to comment.

I only counted 12 scholarship players, with one of them being a former walk-on who was given a scholarship for his junior season. If that scholarship is only for one year, then there would be I think 3 scholarships open. Also, wouldn't surprise me if Crawford went pro.

I only counted 12 scholarship players, with one of them being a former walk-on who was given a scholarship for his junior season. If that scholarship is only for one year, then there would be I think 3 scholarships open. Also, wouldn't surprise me if Crawford went pro.

Crawford is a sophomore in terms of eligibility but this is his 4th season removed from HS.

1. prep school

2. Indiana

3. Sat out under transfer rules

4. Sophomore at X

I just let all the scholarship stuff work itself out. I dont see Crawford coming back either. It will depend on NBA individual needs at the draft, the pool of guards available, and continued improvement in front of scouts. His passing and shot selection has improved a great deal since November. He has been attending second semester classes at X allegedly which does not give one an indication that he is leaving the program. X has two solid scorers coming in who play the wing: 6-7 Justin Martin (originally verballed to Louisville) and 6-6 Jay Canty (scored 32 and grabbed 21 rebounds in a game in Jan.) The other two recruits are power forwards but with strikingly different games both ranked in Rivals top 120.

Crawford is a sophomore in terms of eligibility but this is his 4th season removed from HS.

1. prep school

2. Indiana

3. Sat out under transfer rules

4. Sophomore at X

I just let all the scholarship stuff work itself out. I dont see Crawford coming back either. It will depend on NBA individual needs at the draft, the pool of guards available, and continued improvement in front of scouts. His passing and shot selection has improved a great deal since November. He has been attending second semester classes at X allegedly which does not give one an indication that he is leaving the program. X has two solid scorers coming in who play the wing: 6-7 Justin Martin (originally verballed to Louisville) and 6-6 Jay Canty (scored 32 and grabbed 21 rebounds in a game in Jan.) The other two recruits are power forwards but with strikingly different games both ranked in Rivals top 120.

I wonder if the Indiana thing would explain why there were 2 guys in head to toe Indiana Hoosiers gear sitting in the xavier fan section behind the bench. He even had a Indiana basketball jersey with the red & white striped pants. I thought it was kinda weird.

I saw this thread and decided to create an account to try and help you guys out with this.

Right now we have 3 walk ons-Joe Hughes, Kevin Feeney, and Johnny Mazza. Since our main recruit left with Miller to Arizona, Hughes received a scholarship this season, but it will be one of the incoming freshmen's next year. Feeney and Mazza will most likely be off the team next year. Hughes, on the other hand, will most likely remain on the team but won't have a scholarship. Love is graduating so there's another scholarship for a second freshmen. Thirdly, Andrew Taylor, who is a junior in eligibility, but a senior class-wise because of a red-shirt, is going to graduate and either give up his scholarship and forfeit his final year or will just be in the team as a non-scholarship player. I'm not exactly sure how the final scholarship will be worked out. And this is just pretty educated speculation.