Food for thought

The analyst doing the Bills game only thinks 6 CUSA teams will make it and he said SLU better plan on winning the CUSA Tourney if they want to go to the Big Dance. It will certainly be the best way, because you really don't want to leave it to the suits on selection Sunday. Our RPI going into the game was still not good enough.

I just don't want to kick ourselves over losing some close ones on the road, so I hope our kids win the darn Tourney and take all the guess work out of it. Maybe the Louisville game took something out of the Bearcats.

Don't rain on my parade. In any case, would my initial rational still stand? I mean, what are the chances of being considered (seriously) if we did beat Cincy and played a close final? Hypothetically, what would our rpi look like? Is it absolutely, positively a must that we have to win the tourney in a situaton like that or is there still life? I don't know. I need one of you experts to fill me in.

I like Thicks thinking as I feel that we are in the tougher bracket, and to beat Cincy in their home town will be a super big task. We need to play tough "D" take care of the basketball and make a decent percentage of our shots. Tonight according to the recap I just read said we shot 55%. If we shoot anywhere near 50% against Cincy then I will like our chances.

You have to start to wonder why Coach Sodaberg doesnt get more pub for coach of the year, I can assure you no team at the beginning of this tourney wanted to play us. The defensive intensity that we have brought these last two nights will be hard for any offensively talented team to break down.

In other news: with ND losing tonight in Big East tourney action, that would make one helluva NIT matchup.

Who cares what they think? I don't like to leave it up to the folks doing the selecting on Sunday. Let's beat the Bearcats tomorrow and then worry about who we play in the final. I like the results the last two nights and our guys are on a mission. You Gotta Billieve!!!