BRoy to discuss Calipari's coaching?

...I'll nibble on your bait.

I didn't see the game; I listened to it on the radio. I can't say John Calipari coached poorly, but I can say that, based on what I heard and what Bob Ramsey noted a few times, Brad Soderberg had all the right players on the floor at the right times. Beyond that, let's congratulate the players, because it sounded like they just outplayed and outhustled the Tigers. I was rather concerned about the Tigers' offensive rebounding, particularly in the first half, but as the second half wore on the Bills seemed to get much better on the defensive boards. Also, whatever Brad Soderberg said to Izik Ohanon after he "passed up" a dunk in favor of getting fouled on a layup attempt (he did hit the FTs) should be bottled up for future use. Furthermore, Ian Vouyoukas provided nine points and five (?) rebounds, and Justin Johnson got a big offensive rebound and putback during his stint in the second half. Heck, even Ross Varner played big on the boards.

Rammer reported that with six assists, Josh Fisher is up to 426 career assists and is now the all-time Billiken assist leader (Charles Newberry had 424).

Brad Soderberg's Billikens are now 5-0 in in-season rematches this year and 10-1 over the past two seasons. And the Bills are in the C-USA Tournament semifinals for the second consecutive year.

Amen Thicks...we were all over Memphis stealing the ball and out hustling for the little bit I did get to see. Our guys get all the kudos along with the coaching staff for a good game plan. Hey, this is fun, just keep it up tomorrow night.

actually, i didnt think he did anything really stupid like he normally does in games like this. the billikens just played a near perfect game.

fantastic efforts above expectations by vouyoukas, drejaj, sloan, fisher, even justin johnson had a huge offensive rebound and putback. but my favorite player of the game had to be izik coming up big offensively down the stretch.

fisher did a super job on burks considering how their first encounter went. and sloan really had banks frustrated. i think banks had 8 desparate points in the last minute or so, but sloan had 3 huge steals down the stretch as well.

soderberg starting ian turned out to be magical and ian rose to the challenge enough to change memphis' focus. brad is pushing all the right buttons.

i had to chuckle at steve bardo's comments all night. bardo obviously didnt like the billikens for most of the game. which is ironic since of all the flying illini players, he was about as close to a billiken like player as they had. you would have thought he would like the tough defense and passing offense. still by game end, he had bought in to the billikens.

i leave for the airport in about 5 hours for my trip. i have no idea if i will be able to get online, especially tomorrow, but here's hoping we keep it up! thicks, just put me down for the billikens win by 4 each game unless i find the computer cafe and actually enter my pick on the other board. what the hell, let's win this thing. you know i will make naticat's life miserable if we do.