SLU v. RI Soccer

Sounds like Viviano was injured and may be out for Sunday.

Question. Do you guys think Dayton is in the NCAAs without winning the final? Currently 14-4-1, outright A10 regular season title, beat SLU and Charlotte in regular season, winners of 14 of last 15 matches, and ranked #21 in the NSCAA. All sounds good on paper, but I dont think they make it without earning the auto bid. RPI is not great (mostly from weak non-con), only 48 teams make it, and the inherent bias from being in the A10. If our RPI wasn't so suspect, Id like our chances since we did win the league to ourselves, and we're HOT HOT HOT over the last 2 months. Committee seems to just look at the RPI ranking and pick em'. No real research and due diligence involved.

What will be interesting is will they take Charlotte. Yeah, Charlotte beat Wake, but look at what they've done since. They finished FIFTH in the conference and didn't even make the finals. Their RPI is VERY strong however. So the question is, who better deserves to go? I dont think you could make a strong case for Charlotte over Dayton when Dayton beat them 3-0 head to head and finished four spots ahead of them in the A10 regular season -- let alone going further in the A10 Tourney. Plus UD has been on fire for 2 months and Charlotte has basically spit the bit in the last 3 weeks.

I think SLU probably needs to get the auto bid.