Who likes restaurants more?

OC

I really don't recall where I was in school when this trade was made, but I NEVER gave up my love of the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team even with all the moves I have made. Now living in S. Florida some of my business associates ask me if I don't want to become a Marlins fan and my reply is NO WAY.

No one in his right mind would give up being a Cards fan because of one deal. I've defended roy as a SLU fan on this board recently, but he HAS admitted that he's less interested in the program since Majerus was hired. Maybe roy will become a GA Tech fan or an Emory fan, since he's so enamored with Atlanta! :blink:

yellow jacket roy? Or maybe Lindenwood Lions roy? ;)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, the Niekros never cheated! Joe Niekro got caught on the mound with a file. No doctoring pitches from those boys. :blink:

Braves broadcaster Don Sutton was another famous spitballer, but that was mostly in LA.

phil, not joe. are you ok? did you hit your head or something?

phil, not joe. are you ok? did you hit your head or something?

Ah yes... that explains it. Guess I take back my comments about Footes now that I realize he hit his head on something. He's certainly fixated on Pitino though he considers him a creep. Maybe he's just sweet on Ms Sypher. :blink:

"3. Not a slam on Baylor. They're known for being pretty straight-laced."

Or for dragging former murdered players under the bus by implicating them in drug scandals to cover their own misdeeds.

(side note, I know you're talking about the institution not the coach i'm referencing, but still a pretty funny example to use for straight laced school)

Ah yes... that explains it. Guess I take back my comments about Footes now that I realize he hit his head on something. He's certainly fixated on Pitino though he considers him a creep. Maybe he's just sweet on Ms Sypher. :blink:

How exactly am I fixated on Pitino? You're the one who has appointed himself the ethics police for the board, not me. You claimed any ethical person would fire Pitino, but then backed off when specifically called out. Just another gutless wonder!

How exactly am I fixated on Pitino? You're the one who has appointed himself the ethics police for the board, not me. You claimed any ethical person would fire Pitino, but then backed off when specifically called out. Just another gutless wonder!

I haven't backed off at all unless, of course, you consider trading ridiculous posts which the Board is probably long tired of. When you get around to explaining why this entire matter is only between Pitino and his wife, let me know. LOL.

I haven't backed off at all unless, of course, you consider trading ridiculous posts which the Board is probably long tired of. When you get around to explaining why this entire matter is only between Pitino and his wife, let me know. LOL.

I guess your reading skills are poor. Pitino didn't break any laws and didn't do anything that can be easily enforced with his contract (Nark has agreed with this). Since the school most likely can't fire him without eating the contract, he probably won't be going anywhere. So sorry, you can sit back and judge if you like, but it won't change anything.

I've already explained this several times, so you're just scrambling now and making things up. You think the "ethical" thing to do is fire Pitino for cheating on his wife. As skip pointed out, you'd have to fire 30-40% of the population if you did this. Can you fire somebody for being a bad spouse?

I guess your reading skills are poor. Pitino didn't break any laws and didn't do anything that can be easily enforced with his contract (Nark has agreed with this). Since the school most likely can't fire him without eating the contract, he probably won't be going anywhere. So sorry, you can sit back and judge if you like, but it won't change anything.

I've already explained this several times, so you're just scrambling now and making things up. You think the "ethical" thing to do is fire Pitino for cheating on his wife. As skip pointed out, you'd have to fire 30-40% of the population if you did this. Can you fire somebody for being a bad spouse?

Footes. Believe you have really crossed any lines of decency. I'm not going to sit here taking your sh@^ about me "backing off" to your idiotic logic and allow you to call me a "gutless wonder." Nothing wrong with my reading skills either.

Hide behind your misunderstanding and/or out of context of Nark for your legal knowledge. Instead, I happen to be an attorney (SLU law) who practices in this field having litigated 2 employment law cases last year alone with one being a 4 day Circuit Court trial. Next time, try attacking someone, like you (and not me in this case), who knows little to nothing about the topic at hand.

Final time. I know that Pitino broke no law but he brought shame and embarrassment not only upon his wife/family but also the University. The shame and embarrassment also includes the allegations/charges of rape, extortion, blackmail, improper grounds for his friend's marriage and obstruction of justice. This goes beyond "being a bad spouse." Instead, this is clear grounds for dismissal under standard a "morals" clause - which is what has been reported to be in his contract. A "morals clause" gives the employer the option to fire an employee but not does require them to fire even when an employee does not break the laws of society. That is the very purposes of a morals clause. Why would a morals clause be in Pitino's contract if it had little meaning. Also, if U of L decides to dismiss Pitino, there would be no need for the University to "eat(ing) his contract" as you suggest. If you knew anything about the law, you wouldn't make such stupid comments.

Have I read the "morals" clause at issue, am I familiar with all the non-reported details/facts of the case and am I practicing attorney in the State of Kentucky familiar with Kentucky case law? No, but I can tell you that if his "morals clause" and the KY case law are similar to those here in Missouri, Pitino could be fired for his conduct (which you simplistically call this "being a bad spouse") in this situation as things have been reported.

Footes. Believe you have really crossed any lines of decency. I'm not going to sit here taking your sh@^ about me "backing off" to your idiotic logic and allow you to call me a "gutless wonder." Nothing wrong with my reading skills either.

Hide behind your misunderstanding and/or out of context of Nark for your legal knowledge. Instead, I happen to be an attorney (SLU law) who practices in this field having litigated 2 employment law cases last year alone with one being a 4 day Circuit Court trial. Next time, try attacking someone, like you (and not me in this case), who knows little to nothing about the topic at hand.

Final time. I know that Pitino broke no law but he brought shame and embarrassment not only upon his wife/family but also the University. The shame and embarrassment also includes the allegations/charges of rape, extortion, blackmail, improper grounds for his friend's marriage and obstruction of justice. This goes beyond "being a bad spouse." Instead, this is clear grounds for dismissal under standard a "morals" clause - which is what has been reported to be in his contract. A "morals clause" gives the employer the option to fire an employee but not does require them to fire even when an employee does not break the laws of society. That is the very purposes of a morals clause. Why would a morals clause be in Pitino's contract if it had little meaning. Also, if U of L decides to dismiss Pitino, there would be no need for the University to "eat(ing) his contract" as you suggest. If you knew anything about the law, you wouldn't make such stupid comments.

Have I read the "morals" clause at issue, am I familiar with all the non-reported details/facts of the case and am I practicing attorney in the State of Kentucky familiar with Kentucky case law? No, but I can tell you that if his "morals clause" and the KY case law are similar to those here in Missouri, Pitino could be fired for his conduct (which you simplistically call this "being a bad spouse") in this situation as things have been reported.

So I'll admit I don't know any about the law but "allegations" can be clear grounds for dismissal? Until they're proven aren't they just allegations?

So I'll admit I don't know any about the law but "allegations" can be clear grounds for dismissal? Until they're proven aren't they just allegations?

the way i see it, the grounds for dismissal imo would be the shame and embarrassment pitino has brought on louisville. the "allegations" caused the shame and embarrassment.

the way i see it, the grounds for dismissal imo would be the shame and embarrassment pitino has brought on louisville. the "allegations" caused the shame and embarrassment.

But if the allegations are untrue and not proven how can you fire someone for bs that the media made up.

But if the allegations are untrue and not proven how can you fire someone for bs that the media made up.

he has already admitted and apologized for the incident.

Don't let your bosses see the stuff you post on this website then, roy...Could be clear cause for dismissal based on shame and embarassment! :lol:

he has already admitted and apologized for the incident.

This is what Clocktower said and this is what I was referring to.

The shame and embarrassment also includes the allegations/charges of rape, extortion, blackmail, improper grounds for his friend's marriage and obstruction of justice.

I didn't hear that Pitino admitted to any of this.

This is what Clocktower said and this is what I was referring to.

The shame and embarrassment also includes the allegations/charges of rape, extortion, blackmail, improper grounds for his friend's marriage and obstruction of justice.

I didn't hear that Pitino admitted to any of this.

what do you live in a cave?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/12057708

Do you know how to read? When did PITINO ADMIT to Rape, Extortion, Blackmail, Setting up his friend or Obstruction of Justice? These were all allegations by the gal he nailed.

he doesnt have to admit to the specifics to cause shame and embarrassment to louisville. but he did admit to the affair with caused the obvious stories and accusations that caused the shame and embarrassment. i dont see how you cant understand the difference.

just putting himself in the wrong place, wrong time, bad scenario is his own fault thus he is responsible for any reaction.

he doesnt have to admit to the specifics to cause shame and embarrassment to louisville. but he did admit to the affair with caused the obvious stories and accusations that caused the shame and embarrassment. i dont see how you cant understand the difference.

just putting himself in the wrong place, wrong time, bad scenario is his own fault thus he is responsible for any reaction.

You mean like you do on this board everyday. The embarrassment and shame you bring to your employer is grounds for termination.

You mean like you do on this board everyday. The embarrassment and shame you bring to your employer is grounds for termination.

how exactly have i embarrassed anyone robin?

With your dumb ass posts

got it. my "dumb posts" equal pitino's actions with that woman. you are good.

Great logic. Pitino is the victim of blackmail and extortion so he should be punished for having a crime committed against him. He had an affair with this chick. He's maybe not the best husband in the world. I doubt U of L is feeling a whole lot of shame and embarrassment over that incident alone. Not everything is so black and white Roy. People make mistakes. Should we not give people second chances because they don't hold up to Roy Mueller morality code?

Great logic. Pitino is the victim of blackmail and extortion so he should be punished for having a crime committed against him. He had an affair with this chick. He's maybe not the best husband in the world. I doubt U of L is feeling a whole lot of shame and embarrassment over that incident alone. Not everything is so black and white Roy. People make mistakes. Should we not give people second chances because they don't hold up to Roy Mueller morality code?

not when they are making the kind of money to be a coach for young people and when he has taken a public stand in the past about doing the right thing and being good citizens and being there for his players, blah blah blah. nope. hit the road rick.