VIDEO - St. Louis signee Justin Jordan

http://www.wane.com/dpp/sports/jordantoslu

Click on the above link to see video from Justin Jordan's signing day and highlights from his time at North Side high school.

Thanks for the info and the video.

the one thing that impresses me just looking at the film is that he is strong for a high school point guard and I would expect he will get stronger. KM is strong as well so they can take the on the tough and strong guards in the conference. The more I read and hear about this young man the more I like this signing. Villanova had three great tough point guards this year and it really helped them down the stretch. Go Bills!

Guest BillikenReport

Villanova had three great tough point guards this year and it really helped them down the stretch. Go Bills!

Funny you mentioned Nova. That was one of the selling points for the coaching staff with recruiting Jordan, telling him they wanted to use their guards like Villanova.

Funny you mentioned Nova. That was one of the selling points for the coaching staff with recruiting Jordan, telling him they wanted to use their guards like Villanova.

FRom RM's comments about pushing the ball more... that's not what we've seen from him so far. Pretty sure that wasn't Utah's style either. RM must be altering his system to fit his new more athletic roster. If these two classes stick together we're in for some good times... at last! Question for Nate, from all appearances this Jordan kid seems to be a gem in the rough type... why didn't he sign last fall. Did he need that great SR year to impress folks?

FRom RM's comments about pushing the ball more... that's not what we've seen from him so far. Pretty sure that wasn't Utah's style either. RM must be altering his system to fit his new more athletic roster. If these two classes stick together we're in for some good times... at last! Question for Nate, from all appearances this Jordan kid seems to be a gem in the rough type... why didn't he sign last fall. Did he need that great SR year to impress folks?

No wait! RM does not alter his style to fit his players - lots of people have told us that on this board. Someone said Jordan had not qualified in the fall and just did so recently so that might explain why he was still available.

Guest BillikenReport

Question for Nate, from all appearances this Jordan kid seems to be a gem in the rough type... why didn't he sign last fall. Did he need that great SR year to impress folks?

From what I've heard, it had to do with his academics. He had a lot of work to do to qualify, but he has apparently done what he needed to.

Texas Tech offered, but then stopped recruiting him. Central Michigan took another point guard. Cincinnati was waiting to see if it got another PG and if not could have offered Jordan.

I'm really excited about this signing. I really felt we needed a backup pg to help KM carry the load. Also, as Billikan astutely pointed out, this gives RM the flexibility to run different guard sets out onto the court.

I know a lot of folks wanted to hold the schollie, but I really like this signing. We have two dedicated pg's, which will allow CS, JR, KC, etc. to focus on their primary roles.

Guest BillikenReport

Interesting to note that the story accompanying that video lists Jordan as 6'. Did RM already take 2 inches off of his height?

That "story" is the SLU press release. SLU said he is 6-0. Jordan told me he is 5-11. I'm guessing he'll be 5-10 as a freshman at SLU.

That "story" is the SLU press release. SLU said he is 6-0. Jordan told me he is 5-11. I'm guessing he'll be 5-10 as a freshman at SLU.

Thanks Nate, obviously didn't pay close enough attention.

I'm guessing that your guess is correct.