Down 29-17 At Half to Houston ....

Taj79

... in our house, on senior night, against a team that is one defibrilator away from a season-ending death sentence. While its not surprising given RB's family situation and his being out and resting TF's bad shoulder, it does not bode well .... a very, very very bad time to bottom out.

.... because he knew that without Reggie, this team was limited? Never mind, I answered my own question.

But that begs to next year .... all we have is RB back. What do you know about Meyer? You're a local guy with coaching ties and I respect your opinion. What do you think about Drejaj as our main point guard? Are our foreign import motors (IO and IV) potential Mercedes or Fiats or are they Yugos? Realistically, you can't work the ball around for 33 seconds of the shot clock and hope the one guy on your team that can shoot gets open to take the shot and make it ... and then add that everyone will know who he is before next season starts. And couple in how the pressure mounts ....

While one might argue we don't lose a lot in Sloan, Fisher, Hunt and Varner ... Sloan and Fisher, while not stars, were important cogs on an atheltically-challenged team. What's your opinion on two freshmen (maybe three) and a JUCO coming in for next year?

>.... because he knew that without Reggie, this team was

>limited? Never mind, I answered my own question.

>

>But that begs to next year .... all we have is RB back.

>What do you know about Meyer? You're a local guy with

>coaching ties and I respect your opinion.

I haven't seen Luke Meyer play, but I hope to get a chance to see him tomorrow. Doesn't Borgia take on Vashon at Maryville at 8:15 tomorrow? I have responsibilities at the 3A District 5 Tournament at MS-Berkeley, so it's iffy that I'll make it. I asked our head coach (who's coached against Meyer's team) about him, and he praised him for his toughness (physical and mental) and all-around game.

>What do you think

>about Drejaj as our main point guard?

I don't think Anthony Drejaj will be SLU's main point guard. Dwayne Polk will probably shoulder the load. If Tommie Liddell qualifies, he'll log time at the point. I also think Dwayne Clarke can provide some help at the point. Drejaj will also help at the point, but I don't think he'll be the primary point guard.

>Are our foreign

>import motors (IO and IV) potential Mercedes or Fiats or are

>they Yugos?

They are potential Mercedes -- potential being the key word. Izik Ohanon will be a double-figure scorer next year, but it looks like Ian Vouyoukas won't provide consistent considerable contribution until his junior season (I hope he makes me eat those words).

>Realistically, you can't work the ball around

>for 33 seconds of the shot clock and hope the one guy on

>your team that can shoot gets open to take the shot and make

>it ... and then add that everyone will know who he is before

>next season starts. And couple in how the pressure mounts

>....

I think with Polk, the ability to push the ball and get good shots much earlier will become apparent. If Liddell is eligible, there will be other scoring options, so it won't all fall on Reggie Bryant's shoulders.

>While one might argue we don't lose a lot in Sloan, Fisher,

>Hunt and Varner ... Sloan and Fisher, while not stars, were

>important cogs on an atheltically-challenged team. What's

>your opinion on two freshmen (maybe three) and a JUCO coming

>in for next year?

The great thing about college basketball is that every year you lose someone and some new players step in. I believe the 2004 offseason transfer will see an increase in team athleticism.

I'll go American on you-IO is a potential Buick, Ian, who didn't even play 1 minute tonight against Houston when TF was in street clothes, is a potential Ford Focus, at best. It is obvious that BS had identified him as unable to compete at this level(yeah, yeah I know he is a freshman but so are many other players with size who never contributed at D-1 level basketball).