Billiken Baseball

DirtyRican

Coach Hendrickson and the boys split 4 games in Bakersfield this weekend. They went 1 and 2 against Bakersfield and beat a 30th ranked UC Santa Barbara today. The is a team with 20+ newcomers and Coach will have them playing smart and hard. I see them making some noise in the A-10 this year.

See you at the ballpark.

Coach Hendrickson and the boys split 4 games in Bakersfield this weekend. They went 1 and 2 against Bakersfield and beat a 30th ranked UC Santa Barbara today. The is a team with 20+ newcomers and Coach will have them playing smart and hard. I see them making some noise in the A-10 this year.

See you at the ballpark.

That's great about the win against UCSB. I'm kind of surprised that they split with Bakersfield, considering this is supposedly the first year for their baseball program.

That's great about the win against UCSB. I'm kind of surprised that they split with Bakersfield, considering this is supposedly the first year for their baseball program.

You know I was too until I went and read more about their program. Their coach came from UCSB I believe and had a full year to recruit. Half the team is made up of JC players so they might have been more experienced then the young Bills. Baseball season is a marathon and to start 2-2 on the road is great. I hope the hype around basketball right spring boards more students to come out to the games. We shall see.

...and don't forget that on April 1st they're taking on Missouri at Busch Stadium. That could sure be a lot of fun!

That is going to be great. They also have a few games at the Grizzlies stadium in IL.

There is so much talent out there that a team like Bakersfield could get pretty good in a very short time, like South Florida in football.

There is so much talent out there that a team like Bakersfield could get pretty good in a very short time, like South Florida in football.

I completely agree. Cali, Florida and Texas are baseball hotbeds, teams at D-III levels are extremely compettive.

I guess that is why I ended up in St. Louis.

You know I was too until I went and read more about their program. Their coach came from UCSB I believe and had a full year to recruit. Half the team is made up of JC players so they might have been more experienced then the young Bills. Baseball season is a marathon and to start 2-2 on the road is great. I hope the hype around basketball right spring boards more students to come out to the games. We shall see.

That's good to hear. I'm definitely looking forward to the game at Busch. Why the hell couldn't Hughes have pulled that off in all the years he was here?

I completely agree. Cali, Florida and Texas are baseball hotbeds, teams at D-III levels are extremely compettive.

I guess that is why I ended up in St. Louis.

We all know you could have played down south, but chose to go to SLU because of your love for Billiken basketball. Don't be se modest 'Rican.

That's good to hear. I'm definitely looking forward to the game at Busch. Why the hell couldn't Hughes have pulled that off in all the years he was here?

He probably never asked. The Bills actually used to play a few games there but that stopped in the mid 90s when Busch went natural grass. I think its great that the Cardinals are extending their arms to a D1 program down the street. One of the only things they are doing right.