Women's And Men's Games

knight_rider

Great Showing by both of our hoops teams tonight!! It's obvious to see the method to Rick's madness!! With the freshmen getting valuable minutes in close games and winning the majority of them, the future looks bright!

The women gave a valiant effort against the #16 ranked team in the country. It's too bad the officiating was so horrid against them! I hope everyone can see the method to Shimmy's madness as the women are about to break through as well!

Mr. May, you have two great coaches and need to ensure Billiken Nation that we get to keep these two for years to come!!!

Great Showing by both of our hoops teams tonight!! It's obvious to see the method to Rick's madness!! With the freshmen getting valuable minutes in close games and winning the majority of them, the future looks bright!

The women gave a valiant effort against the #16 ranked team in the country. It's too bad the officiating was so horrid against them! I hope everyone can see the method to Shimmy's madness as the women are about to break through as well!

Mr. May, you have two great coaches and need to ensure Billiken Nation that we get to keep these two for years to come!!!

Agree.. great games by both teams,,,The non travelling call on X at the end of the women's game was brutal.

Rumblings about him getting rid of Shimmy? I haven't heard those. That doesn"t seem like a wise move and she has a lot of support throughout the community. Even Stevie Wonder can see how the women's program is growing and improving. They played the toughest non-conference schedule of any team in the A-10 and I assume that is to prepare her freshmen for the next few seasons.

I would hate to see Shimmy go. I think she has done a lot for SLU - both the program and the department.

However, why do her kids keep transferring? There have been quite a few over the past 4 years that have left.

My thought is that she actually pushes kids and has high expectations! I see nothing wrong with that - but maybe she should recruit tougher girls.

I just wonder how good the team this year could have been with Maggie H. She was fun to watch, but I think in her absence Amanda K. has become a big time player.

Also, I have heard some rumors that Theresa might not come back next season (she is graduating this year - and is engaged to Illinois' graduating senior Trent Meacham). That would be a shame. She is so fun to watch. Tough as nails too! The team will take giant steps backwards without her next year IMO.

Guest BillikenReport

I would hate to see Shimmy go. I think she has done a lot for SLU - both the program and the department.

However, why do her kids keep transferring? There have been quite a few over the past 4 years that have left.

My thought is that she actually pushes kids and has high expectations! I see nothing wrong with that - but maybe she should recruit tougher girls.

I just wonder how good the team this year could have been with Maggie H. She was fun to watch, but I think in her absence Amanda K. has become a big time player.

Also, I have heard some rumors that Theresa might not come back next season (she is graduating this year - and is engaged to Illinois' graduating senior Trent Meacham). That would be a shame. She is so fun to watch. Tough as nails too! The team will take giant steps backwards without her next year IMO.

This women's team would be a lot better now had they not lost three big bodies over the last few years. SLU needs more size.

I hope Theresa comes back. I could understand her thinking if she does not, but if she stays she can cement her legacy as the best player in the history of the program and lead arguably the best team the Billikens have ever had to big things next year. She should have a strong supporting cast, including Amanda K., Katie Paganelli, Lauren Woods, Alisha Goodwin, Janisha Gearlds and the incoming freshmen.

That should be the team Shimmy is judged on. If that group, including Lisch, turns out to be a team that can't compete with the upper half of the A-10, then Chris May should start looking for a new coach.

last night was my first in person view of the ladies program this season. while i was impressed with a lot of things vs apparently a very good xu ladies team, there was a lot of disappointing aspects of the game that really disappointed me. why are the guards not over playing strong side on the guards more? in fact too often they did just the opposite.

too many just horrible floor decisions. even teresa seemed to be playing with her mind elsewhere on occasion. the little guard that played too much #10, might be the least mindful guard i have seen at that level getting those kind of minutes.

how does the big girl off the bench get to play in that horrible of physical conditioning? and talk about not know how to play basketball. she was constantly in the wrong place, making ill advised passes, taking the wrong shot, not blocking out, etc.

that all said, amanda kemygz (or however it is spelled) is so improved. she is very good. loren woods is also extremely improved and made a number of very good moves to score last night. aliesha goodwin is a future star. she is the best athlete on the floor and plays basketball.

it is a shame heather king isnt 5 inches taller. she does stuff right and makes stuff happen. she is shimmy's donnie dobbs.

the game was winnable. loren woods missing that front end was huge as two free throws there would have really made it tough for xu to win. and amanda just let that xu girl push her straight down the lane to get that missed free throw and the put back. that is the stuff that cant happen and expect to beat a good team.

still i am impressed enough with the good to see there is a light at the end of the tunnel. let shimmy finish the job.

last night was my first in person view of the ladies program this season. while i was impressed with a lot of things vs apparently a very good xu ladies team,

In my opinion your first sentence disqualified you from any judgment of the womens team. Have a lot more to say about that but won't. :angry::angry::P:angry:

In my opinion your first sentence disqualified you from any judgment of the womens team. Have a lot more to say about that but won't. :angry::angry::P:angry:

so when we dont block out on free throws, and dont over play the strong hand of the point guard and in fact give them the strong hand, and when we throw passes through the lane while in half court, all multiple times through out the game, i cant question that because i havent had a chance to go to any other girls games this season?

why is that?

p.s. i think i also gave a lot of credit to positives of the ladies team and my summary was that shimmy overall has things going the right direction.

so when we dont block out on free throws, and dont over play the strong hand of the point guard and in fact give them the strong hand, and when we throw passes through the lane while in half court, all multiple times through out the game, i cant question that because i havent had a chance to go to any other girls games this season?

why is that?

p.s. i think i also gave a lot of credit to positives of the ladies team and my summary was that shimmy overall has things going the right direction.

I don't say you are not right. I just think if you are going to only attend one of their games you ought to zip it. If you had attended all of their games and said the same things I would tend to agree with you. Show up more often they need the same support the men get. :angry:

I don't say you are not right. I just think if you are going to only attend one of their games you ought to zip it. If you had attended all of their games and said the same things I would tend to agree with you. Show up more often they need the same support the men get. :o

doc, this season the lady bills games at home have conflicted with my daughter's games at belleville west on 7 occasions (my daughter is a senior plus her team is maybe the best area high school girls team in the metro st louis area. sorry, but i think even you would go to your daughter's game)

on two occasions, the ladies game conflicted with the men's game on tv. yeah, i could have taped it and watched the billiken men later, my problem is my schedule is busy. i dont know when "later" would be. i have to make that choice then and i chose to watch the men's team.

the kansas game i was out of town for a family event.

twice the games were the same night as an organizational meeting of which i am on the board of directors.

the games i have no excuse for are the washington exhibition game and the western michigan game. both were early games and i am sure i just assumed i would catch more later.

this is probably the first season i havent attended at least 5 or 6 games since jill was the coach. next year when my daughter is off to college i am sure i will be back to the previous habits.