illinois high school juniors

billiken_roy

saw will triggs and justin clayborne tonite.

triggs has a college pf body right now. he is a marvelous player and i got to believe this guy is a d-1 player. he is bigger and faster and stronger than conklin right now. and i love conklin.

clayborne had a wonderful game hitting pull up jumpers, getting steals and put backs, threes, and making clutch free throws down the stretch a number of nice passes when the help defense came to him. he is coming on and imo deserves to be watched progress. he has grown a lot over the last year. appears to be a legit 6'5" guard. i dont think he would be as high on my shopping list yet as triggs, but he is coming on.

Guest BillikenReport

triggs has a college pf body right now. he is a marvelous player and i got to believe this guy is a d-1 player. he is bigger and faster and stronger than conklin right now. and i love conklin.

Is Triggs still 6-feet-5?

That's the biggest thing holding him back.

i would guess he is about that. like i said, he is bigger than conklin and conklin is our apparent power forward for the next 3.5 years. i am not saying he is going to go to north carolina. but he is a d-1 player. he is just a rock hard body and he uses it very well.

Guest BillikenReport

Roy say's 6'5" guard. You say 6'5" is what's holding him back, what postion does he play? Is he a inside player in HS who wants to be a D1 guard, or is he really a guard?

Two different players.

Triggs is a 6-5 power forward who probably needs to show more small forward skills.

Clayborne is a 6-5 shooting guard/small forward.

I like Triggs, but if he doesn't show enough perimeter skills his recruitment will be limited. SLU is trying to get taller, not smaller. Triggs might be shoter than Jeff Reid and only an inch taller than Christian Salecich.

If Triggs were a legit 6-7 or 6-8, he'd get a lot more looks from D-1 schools.

Roy say's 6'5" guard. You say 6'5" is what's holding him back, what postion does he play? Is he a inside player in HS who wants to be a D1 guard, or is he really a guard?

triggs is not a guard. he is a pure pf. he will defend the opposing teams best player regardless of position many times, but he is a pf.