The Shootout? ... and a future high school event at Chaifetz

Guest BillikenReport

Guest BillikenReport

I posted this on the STLToday.com forums, but thought some here might find it interesting as well:

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.p...6323025#6323025

There is talk of an event next year at Chaifetz with five high school teams from Missouri going against five teams from Illinois.

That is exactly the kind of event that should be held on open dates at Chaifetz, along with trying to host Missouri high school playoff games. Those things will go a long way for recruiting down the line, because you get more potential prospects in the building, along with their families as well as fans.

I posted this on the STLToday.com forums, but thought some here might find it interesting as well:

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.p...6323025#6323025

There is talk of an event next year at Chaifetz with five high school teams from Missouri going against five teams from Illinois.

That is exactly the kind of event that should be held on open dates at Chaifetz, along with trying to host Missouri high school playoff games. Those things will go a long way for recruiting down the line, because you get more potential prospects in the building, along with their families as well as fans.

The early days of the shootout were fun, when it was almost all local teams. By the end it was still pretty cool, but I'd like to see an all-local or regional event like you described. Maybe they could lure the state tourney away from Columbia! Heck, let's do one for boys and girls volleyball as well.

i agree that slu should use the arena often for these types of events to build the fan and recruiting bases

i do wonder about rick giving up the time on the court, esp over Christmas when he may want to practice 18 hours a day

i agree that slu should use the arena often for these types of events to build the fan and recruiting bases

i do wonder about rick giving up the time on the court, esp over Christmas when he may want to practice 18 hours a day

RM couldn't handle an 18 hour practice unless there were several carry-out deliveries or Moser had the Weber kettle grilling sausages the whole time.

You need to remember that the team practices in the CIA-protected practice facility, not the main arena where a Shootout-type event would be held. I would think it could only help re Billiken attendance (people attending and seeing a great basketball venue might come back for a game or two) and local recruiting.