A-10 announces schedule?

AB34

Count me as one Xavier fan who would rather play SLU every year in a home and home instead of UD. The only way we get back to that is if the conference splits off into divisions.

Interesting. Why UD over us? UD and X are only 40 miles apart. Can you describe the X-UD rivalry from your side?

Going back to the late 80's and early 90's, UD would try to play Louisville and Cincy. I don't recall UD v. X until the A-10 or am I wrong?

I presume X v. Cincy is your big geographic rivalry game. Also, I presume X v. Ohio State -- don't mean to bring up bad topics but I still cannot believe you lost that lead to Ohio State in the Tourney what 2 years ago. Would you rank your top geographic rivalry games - by that, I mean to include teams that your fans would like to play even though you don't every year. For instance, Mizzou is afraid to play us and would probably be our big game and I would presume Ohio State is avoiding X as well. Missouri State and Carbondale are 2 other big games with teams who do play us. Teams that come to mind are OSU, Cincy, UD, Miami, Cleveland State. Presume Louisville, Indiana, Kentucky are afraid to come to Cintas as well.

the conference is not doing itself any favors catering to fordham for anything. they should be putting a gun to fordham's head and demanding upgrades in facilities and the overall program or else refuse to let them on tv. i dont care if they are in the largest tv market. showing that high school gym on national tv is an embarrassment for the entire A-10

I had a chance to attend the Rumble in the Bronx at Rose Hill, it is a really cool place to see a game, hope to see the Bills when they are there. It's history, the oldest on-campus facility in the country.

Besides, X probably demanded that game with the recruiting they are doing in the NYC area.

Interesting. Why UD over us? UD and X are only 40 miles apart. Can you describe the X-UD rivalry from your side?

Actually, he said he'd rather play SLU over Dayton. You've got it the other way around.

Going back to the late 80's and early 90's, UD would try to play Louisville and Cincy. I don't recall UD v. X until the A-10 or am I wrong?

Dayton and Xavier have shared conference affiliation since 1988.

Actually, he said he'd rather play SLU over Dayton. You've got it the other way around.

Dayton and Xavier have shared conference affiliation since 1988.

X and UD have played around 137 times over an 85 year or so history (i'm not sure how up to date i am). They are a definite rivalry. There's a split on how much the rivalry really matters. You're either for it or against it. There is a segment of the xavier fan population that considers the season a good year as long as we beat UD. I'm not in the segment.

Born and raised on Xavier basketball, married a girl from StL and now here I am. Its a shame X doesn't head to StL This year and I think x - slu game has the makings of a "rivalry" I remember back in the day x vs slu, remember the championship game on your way out? Anyways its a shame, the a10 dropped the ball in developing this game into a rivalry. That siad X is long on rivals. I'm not sure which section of X fans This guy is talking about, but rather play slu then ud? please, like saying you'd rather beat the brewers than the cubs. X and dayton have played for the blackburn trophy for decades with both teams having long runs of sucess, but in the last 10 years X's success against ud, which used to be confined to cincinnati was expanded to UD arena and X continues to dominate sweeping ud in each regular season and tourney game the last 2 years, they haven't won in cincinnati since carter admin. This is a bitter rivarly predicated on history and proximity. That said, UD will always be #2 behind the crosstown shootout with UC, very clearly X's main rival. Beyond those two schools, take your pick of GW or StJoe, both of which X has been battling for titles for the past decade. Slu Could very easily become a rival with some planning by the a10, heck last years was the first X had won in stl for a long time...misleading stat...I was really looking forward to a saturday game so the X fans have a chance to travel in numbers, but no Not this year, what a shame

on a side note, I'm opening a Pizzeria, (THE GOOD PIE -pizzeria napaletano), right by the new arena on Olive. So I hope many of you will give us a chance before and after the games..wood oven pizza and beer... Now with X not coming in town, I dont have to worry about making people mad flying the muskie flag.

a10 needs to get a clue with this scheduling ... x and slu should play home and home EVERY year

on a side note, I'm opening a Pizzeria, (THE GOOD PIE -pizzeria napaletano), right by the new arena on Olive. So I hope many of you will give us a chance before and after the games..wood oven pizza and beer... Now with X not coming in town, I dont have to worry about making people mad flying the muskie flag.

If you're Billiken-friendly (which I guess the fact that you married a St. Louisan [though that doesn't automatically make her a Bills fan] suggests that you may be), I'll make sure I'll give your pizzeria a try, as I'm sure many other of my fellow posters -- who'll attend games much more frequently than I -- will.

Root for the Bills when they're not playing your X-men.

of course, always pull for universities like Xavier, esp jesuit schools in the a10. Heck I may even give away free beer to slu fans before the dayton game....for sure a flyer free establishment!