Josh McCoy signs with CSU

Howell Central guard Josh McCoy signed this weekend with Cleveland State University.

He's headed to Lebron country. I'm assuming he's ONLY going to play basketball there, but we'll see.

For 25 bonus points, name the star player that lead Cleveland State to the Sweet Sixteen,back in the 80`s?

Having lived in Cleveland for six years in the 1990's, I can offer some insight into CSU basketball. It has historically, like SLU, been considered a potentially much better program than it always is in the present (save for the years about CSU discussed above). CSU also, interestingly, hired a coaching legend- Rollie Massimino- to bring the program to the promised land during that same time period. It, of course, didn't work as I think they are on their second or third successor to him. The basic idea is that these large Midwestern urban zones produce enough good hoops talent to keep a team at or near the top of their mid major conferences. While that may or may not be true, it seems like they never CAN generally keep upper level talent consistently home and/or that talent is overrated/ academically limited, etc. etc.

SLU, by comparison, though, is a much better potential place given the far greater interest in the program i.e. yearly attendance figures (no Cavaliers to compete with), we have our new arena today (they have had a nice facility for probably 20 years), and the beautiful SLU campus is much nicer (if that is any factor at all in a recruit's decision).

Congrats to Josh, though.