Question for Bills fans about Memphis?

STLBlazer

How good do you think they really are? I noticed that you guys played them tough on their court before falling in the 2nd half.

UAB has Cincy at home on Wed and then we go to Memphis. We are hoping to pull at least one of those two out but Memphis is the one that confuses me the most.

They've had trouble at home vs Samford, Belmont, Mizzou, and with you. (all very close victories for them)

After seeing UAB play and Memphis play, how well do you think we match up with them on their court?

They are riding a 9-game winning streak and just broke the AP top 25 at #23.

Thanks for your insight.

In my opinion, they're #2 behind Louisville at the moment. However, the difference in skill in a memphis, charlotte, cinci, uab is not all that great. There's a lot of parity between these teams. Depaul also might be right there.

Typical Memphis .. trees down low and waterbugs out front. Depends if they're on or not. I suspect your coach's style of "40 minutes of hell" might not play to any advantage. Slow down seems to work aginst these teams better than run-n-gun. I don't know if your smallish lineup will fare well but I think you have to play your style .. win or lose. I like you guys and your makeup but it didn't work well at Freedom Hall.

I would say that the top four in this league (UAB, Memphis, UofL and Cincy) are all capable. It comes down to style and effort. If all things are a wash, the home team seems to come out on top. I don't know what to make of Charlotte ..... you beat them there, we had them there and beat them here. Cincy beat them but then they take out the "Ville. If Dean and Garcia don't heal, UofL is very beatable.

I'll take Memphis at home over you guys but I think you can take Cincy in Birmingham.

Honestly, I dont know. I would think that UAB and their style is a little too much for Memphis. Although they have struggled against teams like us who try to slow down the game, when pressure is applied to their guards and they try to get the bigs to handle the ball a little bit, it seems as if bedlam ensues. Just a thought. Personally, I'll take UAB going away in that one.