It is time for a complete attitude adjustment

Billikan

As furious as I was about our play over the first 33 minutes, I completely changed my attitude after I saw the kids play so hard at the end and make an incredible run against a good team. It fell short but it was fun to watch.

the adjustment needed is that this team is going nowhere in the postseason and anyone who thinks they are is smoking something. We need to cheer on those players who are playing hard--That final five of Kevin, Dwayne, Luke, Tommie and Paul was busting their butts and flying around the floor. When Bryce was in he played tough and made a real difference--although I think he needs to stop taking long shots--but against big guys he is needed for us to compete.

These players, except for Paul, did not pick the coach and he did not pick them. You could see when we left the Majerus offense and the kids, particularly Tommie and Kevin, just played instinctively and did not worry about 10 passes around the horn until the shot clock went off, we actually created some real opportunites and went to the line repeatedly. Everyone around me asked whether the coach would see what is happening and change the offense to accomodate the team he has or if he will just keep pounding a square peg in a round hole because the round hole is his "system".

I did not think we were starting over with Majerus because of the talent we had returning but clearly it will be 2009 or 2010 before we see a team on the floor who will be the big team that he likes who have had a couple of years to run the "system".

Our league continues to get better and better--the Dayton win at Louisville yesterday was huge. Charlotte"s win over Davidson is impressive. UMass, URI, Xavier. St. Joe's -- all have had good wins and are playing well. We have no chance of being better than .500 in the conference.

I am sorry to hear that BE was supposed to be sick yesterday but in my view he is a total bust. He let's smaller people push him around and his defense is basically Spanish matador, wave as they go by.

For the kids who are playing hard under these difficult circumstances, I salute them. They never gave up and except when the subs came in they were playing fantastic defense. I will cheer for the hardworking kids and hope we can be a spoiler in the conference with a few upsets. I am sure tired of the "wait until next year ( or two or three more years) refrain but I see no choice but to accept the situation and move on.

As furious as I was about our play over the first 33 minutes, I completely changed my attitude after I saw the kids play so hard at the end and make an incredible run against a good team. It fell short but it was fun to watch.

the adjustment needed is that this team is going nowhere in the postseason and anyone who thinks they are is smoking something. We need to cheer on those players who are playing hard--That final five of Kevin, Dwayne, Luke, Tommie and Paul was busting their butts and flying around the floor. When Bryce was in he played tough and made a real difference--although I think he needs to stop taking long shots--but against big guys he is needed for us to compete.

These players, except for Paul, did not pick the coach and he did not pick them. You could see when we left the Majerus offense and the kids, particularly Tommie and Kevin, just played instinctively and did not worry about 10 passes around the horn until the shot clock went off, we actually created some real opportunites and went to the line repeatedly. Everyone around me asked whether the coach would see what is happening and change the offense to accomodate the team he has or if he will just keep pounding a square peg in a round hole because the round hole is his "system".

I did not think we were starting over with Majerus because of the talent we had returning but clearly it will be 2009 or 2010 before we see a team on the floor who will be the big team that he likes who have had a couple of years to run the "system".

Our league continues to get better and better--the Dayton win at Louisville yesterday was huge. Charlotte"s win over Davidson is impressive. UMass, URI, Xavier. St. Joe's -- all have had good wins and are playing well. We have no chance of being better than .500 in the conference.

I am sorry to hear that BE was supposed to be sick yesterday but in my view he is a total bust. He let's smaller people push him around and his defense is basically Spanish matador, wave as they go by.

For the kids who are playing hard under these difficult circumstances, I salute them. They never gave up and except when the subs came in they were playing fantastic defense. I will cheer for the hardworking kids and hope we can be a spoiler in the conference with a few upsets. I am sure tired of the "wait until next year ( or two or three more years) refrain but I see no choice but to accept the situation and move on.

Good Post, but what is frustrating is that this did not have to be a rebuilding year. I'm sure RM's system is great but this isn't the team for it. If tommie and kevin have the green light all game like they had at the end, we win that game. This team is painful to watch trying to run this new offense. I'm sure it will be fine in a couple years but we need to utilize the talent we have now and adapt. It's not rocket science. I don't write a check to this program every year to lose to Sammy Davis State. I just hope we don't waste the best back court we have had in over a decade over "learning the system".