Women's Update

slu72 fan

Just returned from the women's game against Missouri Baptist. As expected, it was a blow-out. SLU by about 30. However, Theresa Lisch was not in uniform and her left hand is in a cast upto the elbow. After discussions with a SLU staffer, I was informed that she has a broken left hand, will have surgery in the next day or two to have a pin inserted, and will be out 2-6 weeks. Boys, based on that their season just hit a major roadblock. They don't have anyone to take her place. It will take a real team effort to hang in there for 6 weeks.

On a brighter note, the 2 freshmen played much better this evening. Amanda Komesyzs is the key for the team to do well. As the men, they have little size after her, and they are a different side with her out of the line-up.

Good luck in their opener Sunday afternoon at West Pine. And a speedy recovery to TLisch.

Just returned from the women's game against Missouri Baptist. As expected, it was a blow-out. SLU by about 30. However, Theresa Lisch was not in uniform and her left hand is in a cast upto the elbow. After discussions with a SLU staffer, I was informed that she has a broken left hand, will have surgery in the next day or two to have a pin inserted, and will be out 2-6 weeks. Boys, based on that their season just hit a major roadblock. They don't have anyone to take her place. It will take a real team effort to hang in there for 6 weeks.

On a brighter note, the 2 freshmen played much better this evening. Amanda Komesyzs is the key for the team to do well. As the men, they have little size after her, and they are a different side with her out of the line-up.

Good luck in their opener Sunday afternoon at West Pine. And a speedy recovery to TLisch.

How in the world could someone return from that in 2 weeks... Jesus, that family is cursed w/ dominant upper limb injuries. Good luck w/ the recovery. MOTHERFARK.

How in the world could someone return from that in 2 weeks... Jesus, that family is cursed w/ dominant upper limb injuries. Good luck w/ the recovery. MOTHERFARK.

You're right, this is really a bummer, just like Kevin's hand injury last year. I was told that the exact nature of the surgery and her willingness to play with pain will dictate how long it will be before she returns. I'm sure, anyone who has watched her play realizes, that she will do anything it takes to get back to the court. Last year she broke her nose and was back almost immediately.

On a side note, aren't both of these kids the epitome of student/athletes!!

the break was on her weak hand or you can bet she would be out longer. i would think regardless, 2 weeks is pretty optimistic.

good news i saw at the game, i thought jackie gilbert was marvelous in the replacement role. she had her greatest game as a billiken imo.

the two freshmen did play better. especially hope elam. however, hope needs to have stronger hands. i bet she had 4 put backs stripped from her hands that would have been easy buckets if she could have gotten the ball up.

i think hailey leaks is playing better than at any time in her career as well.

one time we had 4 girls in the game at one time all over 6 foot tall.

father biondi and wexelman were in the stands. i've never seen them at a women's game.

folks, the girls really have a nice team coming together. they play a fun style and shimmy alone is a show to watch. you need to come out and see em play.

saturday the first 350 in the gym get a t-shirt.

the break was on her weak hand or you can bet she would be out longer. i would think regardless, 2 weeks is pretty optimistic.

good news i saw at the game, i thought jackie gilbert was marvelous in the replacement role. she had her greatest game as a billiken imo.

the two freshmen did play better. especially hope elam. however, hope needs to have stronger hands. i bet she had 4 put backs stripped from her hands that would have been easy buckets if she could have gotten the ball up.

father biondi and wexelman were in the stands. i've never seen them at a women's game.

folks, the girls really have a nice team coming together. they play a fun style and shimmy alone is a show to watch. you need to come out and see em play.

Actually, the game is Sunday afternoon.

I'll be there for the shirt (and the game), I'll bring the little bros.

Edit: HAHAHAHA scratch that, no bros, Sunday.

I was at the game also. Heard Lisch hurt her hand playing volleyball???

This womens team need smore support now. I hate to think how hard it will be for them to play in the new setting with so few fans. The seven or eight Blue Crew members made most of the noise for the night.

I can't make the sunday games so I gave my tickets to someone to give away.

It was a fun game.

I was at the game also. Heard Lisch hurt her hand playing volleyball???

It was a fun game.

i have it on pretty good source that she hurt the hand in scrimmage vs the boys scout team they have. no way a lisch would be playing volleyball even recreational during the season.

i have it on pretty good source that she hurt the hand in scrimmage vs the boys scout team they have. no way a lisch would be playing volleyball even recreational during the season.

I was told by a AD staffer that she hurt it in "practice", which certainly could include a scrimmage. Doubtful that it was playing v-ball.