Nike Hoop Jamboree

Tonka

Guest BillikenReport

I was there.

Notable names a the camp:

Juwan Howard Jr. - a 6-3 PF from the Class of 2010

E.J. Singler - 6-6 WG from Class of 2009 (Duke recruit Kyle Singler's brother)

Phillip Pressey - 5-10 PG from Class of 2010 (son of Paul)

Jake Eastman - 6-4 WG from Class of 2009 (son of Celtics assistant Kevin)

Jordan Dumars - 6-4 WG from Class of 2009 (son of Joe)

One kid I heard a lot about was 6-1 Scottsdale, AZ PG Matt Carlino. He's in the 2011 class, which means he's going into his freshman year, and he might already have a scholarship offer from Arizona.

Juwan Howard was in attendance.

The two local kids at the camp were Maplewood G Bryant Allen and Miller Career Academy F Jerome Jones. Both will be juniors next year.

- Nate

I think it's a bunch of ##### SLU has to host this when none of these players will give SLU a second look a few years from now. All the courts are taken up and the people who PAY 35 BUCKS A MONTH can't use the courts for some pick-up ball? The people who run the rec need to be lined up and shot.

>I think it's a bunch of ##### SLU has to host this when none

>of these players will give SLU a second look a few years

>from now. All the courts are taken up and the people who PAY

>35 BUCKS A MONTH can't use the courts for some pick-up ball?

>The people who run the rec need to be lined up and shot.

This is a great event and only brings attention to SLU. This is a new era. Majerus will have an excellent opportunity to get some of these guys. Soderberg would not have had a chance. The only negative issue I have with this event is the lack of local kids that the Eagles place in the event. They have the players work the camp as assistants, and if somebody gets hurt or doesn't show, they'll sub in an Eagles player. It is a shame because the local guys always do very well.

Guest BillikenReport

The Eagles had four kids there, including Kony Ealy (Portageville) and Karl Madison (Springfield Lanphier).

I didn't mention them before because I don't consider those places local like some other people may.

- Nate