L. Hughes in the East Conf. Finals. Why no buzz here?

VTIME

>You're right on, Moytoy.

>

>Metz, the stuff going on now has been happening all along,

>there's just more stringent rules in the league and much

>more media scrutiny. Half the guys you name have records as

>clean as yours, but are continually characterized as street

>thugs because they are large black men with tattoos, and

>that's threatening to the small-minded folks of white

>suburbia. It only takes one hard foul for a guy who looks

>like Iverson, Carmelo, or Garnett to be seen as a dirty thug

>by most of ESPN's audience, and that's a real shame.

Right on, Pistol. I think Metz must have had his white robe on when typing that. Notice how every "thug" he mentioned was black while the guys he admires were white? Meanwhile, he neglects to mention some of the classiest guys in the league like Tim Duncan, Ray Allen, Brandon Roy, Emeka Okefor, Luol Deng, Dwight Howard, Josh Howard, Dwyane Wade, Tayshawn Prince, Chauncy Billups, Carlos Boozer, well, you get the idea.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't watch the NBA so how could I admire anybody? I used to be a huge Pippen fan back in the day. Still am a Pippen guy. Scottie is probably the most underrated player in NBA history, besides Bobby Cousy. When my old man was transfered to Boston with Caterpillar, we got to see the old Garden when Bird, McHale and the Chief (Robert Parrish) were in their Swan Song. Those were the glory days of the NBA. Now it's all about the Benjamins, record labels, making it rain and other black things. You never hear about Tim Duncan doing something good in the poorer areas of San Antonio because that doesn't make for good Television. No one wants to hear about that. They want to hear about Ron-Ron punching a guy or Karmello hitting or slapping a dude. It's the culture of violence that spreads from youth watching their "idols" on the NBA hardwood.

"I don't watch the NBA..."

Yet you say...

"Now [the NBA is] all about the Benjamins, record labels, making it rain and other black things."

Ok chief, but how do you know since you're not watching? And since you're not watching, how can anyone really take your uninformed viewpoint credibly?

"It's the culture of violence"

HAHA. Maybe you should look into the political leaders you support re: the culture of violence (and fear).

The violence doesnt come from watching NBA players. That ridiculous. Where there are poor people there is violence. Thats true througout history. There are no peaceful slums. Its always people fighting over turf that they will never really own. There is more violence in movies and video games than TV. If your parents raise you right, not even TV or video games can sway you to be violent.