Billiken Coaster

slu72

One short week ago we are all trying to figure how we make the dance. Two road games later, we're wondering if the NIT is a possiblility. We supposedly have two athletic talented Frosh on the bench but rarely get to see them play. Now we find out our top recruit has failed the ACT and maybe enrolling in Prep School, so the possibility exists the rest of the country will discover him and it's by by SLU. No new news on the arena front is discouraging. You mean we can't find one big time donor in StLouis who wants his name in lights splashed all over I-40? Teams that were competing for our "spot" in the dance stage big time upsets over top 10 ball clubs enhancing their chances, diminishing ours. I'll call it Black Saturday. A week ago almost daily articles in the PD, now nary a word. Jeez, can it get any worse? But you have to love being a Billiken fan. As the shirt says, "it's tough being a ......" If you don't have a strong emotional support system, Billiken hoops is not the game for you. Go Bills beat Messphis!

bill, we havent officially been told anything, but a number of us have heard from very good sources that he didnt fare well. we dont know the exact score. but the problem that i see with future trys is that the ncaa has traditionally not accepted sizeable increases in the scores. which would make tommie then have to take the test another time and score as high again. i am holding out hope he can become a partial qualifier. but if the test score was bombed, my guess is there is little chance that can be fixed with additional testing. hopefully i am wrong.

i was already thinking jb jones as well. that said, a lot of people around belleville believe he is a done deal for sms.