Majerus/Weis

One ironic comparison with the Majerus hire is when Kevin White got Charlie Weis to return to his alma mater, knowing that Weis had and still has health-related issues. But given his track record of winning and building perennial championship-contending teams in the NFL, White made the move and so far, ND has climbed back to the elite in NCAA football -- where they always should be. Reward more than risk -- so far-- for Notre Dame.

For Saint Louis University, the hire of Rick Majerus was like landing Charlie Weis and Red Auerbach rolled into one. Majerus is a proven leader at the D-I level, but with some notable health risks involved. Like ND, I expect the hire to pay immediate dividends to a program which has been (like ND in the late 90s, early 00s) stuck in mediocrity. And while I don't expect to be eating dinner on the Riverwalk in April before the Final Four with people asking me what a Billiken is, I expect SLU basketball to be an elite force in the A-10 within two-three years.

With the addition of Porter to the bench, the sky is the limit for our recruiting success. Gone are the Vas'huwa'n Nueborne, Horace Dixson & Obi Ikea-for days. This is a new era.

too much of a stretch. First off, books were written about Ty Willingham returning the Irish to glory. 2nd, Weiss's success has been with Willingham recruits. Plus, elite teams win bowl games, ND does not B). Finally, Jabba's "health problems" stem from his drinking of 6 pints of gravy per day with a hot fudge chaser, not major heart issues for which he's has surgery.

Let's just let Majerus do his thing before annointing him anything more than a good coach. He's got a track record, let's hope he can continue it at SLU. He's got a good base to build from, now let's hope he can take the program to the next level AND his health stays strong.

Excuse me, Froman, but where Ty failed (ala' Brad in recruiting), Weis has already established almost three top-10 recruiting classes. And we're talking about Notre Dame recruiting the top QB from southern California TWO YEARS IN A ROW. Clausen and Dayne Crist (Sherman Oaks Notre Dame)...ND is becoming Quarterback U once again. I think there is validity in the comparison. Hey, Ohio State lost in the BCS and they are an elite team...it's football, teams lose. You get outplayed, you go back to the drawing board. For Weis, it's firing Rick Minter (FINALLY) and bringing in Corwin Brown from the NY J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets and the 3-4. I am going into the 07 season with no expectations from ND...patchwork offensive line, new QB, and other than David Grimes and George West, have no Samardzija-like target to throw to. I'm going into the SLU season with no expectations either....just hoping Majerus can light the fire.

who recruited Quinn, Walker, Smardzia, Zipikowski, etc, the guys Jabba relied on to "return the thunder?" Hell, he couldn't even win his home opener.

When was the last time ND won a bowl game? Were you alive?

Also, what "big games" has Jabba won? So he beat some service academies, big deal! Unlike Jabba, Majerus has built his reputation on game planning and his coaching job in big games. Pulling out the triangle in two on Arizona in 1997 - brilliant. His Ball State team in 1990 was the only team give UNLV a game in the tourney, he could have taken them to the Final Four in any other bracket. Majerus has won the big games and does it without undeserved media hype.

This trial was put off until after Wies could finish recruiting

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/medmal_weiss.html

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/foot...pass_publicity/

lastly it is a mistrial so he can retry it.

BOSTON -- A judge declared a mistrial Tuesday in the trial of a medical malpractice case brought by Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weis after a juror collapsed and several doctors -- including the two defendants -- rushed to his aid.

Advertisement

The juror, an unidentified older man, began moaning as he listened to an expert testifying in defense of Massachusetts General Hospital surgeons Charles Ferguson and Richard Hodin. Weis claims they botched his care after gastric bypass surgery in June 2002.

The judge immediately ordered the other jurors out of the courtroom, but some saw Ferguson, Hodin and other doctors who were in the courtroom rush to the juror's aid.

An attorney for Weis said it was with "great reluctance" that he ask for the mistrial in the case that was expected to go to the jury Wednesday.

"I cannot think of an instance there would be more reason then when a juror has this kind of incident," attorney Michael Moan said, noting some jurors had seen the doctors attending to the juror.

A lawyer for the doctors said a mistrial would be unfair to the surgeons, who had rearranged their schedules to accommodate Weis, who is in the offseason for football.

Judge Charles Spurlock, however, agreed that a mistrial was needed.

"The integrity of the court is more important than schedules," Spurlock said.

The juror collapsed while listening to the testimony of Dr. David Brooks, an expert who was saying the doctors acted responsibly in their treatment of Weis.

Spectators were ordered out of the courtroom shortly after the man fell ill. He was taken away in an ambulance; his condition and identity were not immediately known.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2006-2007, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

Ty didn't even recruit Quinn, Ndukewes(another player) dad told TY HE HAD TO GET QUINN, who cares if Weis is winning with tys players, so you are saying Majerus should not get any credit for winning since they are with Brads recruits.

GO IRISH