Shooting

We wouldn't have had as many turnovers last nite if we had shot the ball better from the outside. We had only one 3 pt shot all game, none in the first half. I gave Reggie the benefit of the doubt in NC, playing close to home and all. But he didn't do much better from outside last nite. We just aren't going to win many games with only one 3 pt shot all game.

The outside shooting wasn't there, and they were as a result able to double Izak very effectively. We've been saying what a good passer he was...didn't show it much last nite.

Other teams know we only like to go 7 deep in our rotation. They then know that if they run people in and out, they can wear us down over a game playing us tight. Our play really tailed off at the end of the game compared to the start.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of John Duff

billikenbooster, they had 5 guards that were quicker and faster than any of our guards. plus the taylor twins were bigger. with those kind of numbers, it doesnt surprise me that we had trouble getting shots last night. right now i think uab is the best team in the conference.

al, the problem was that with the depth of extremely athletic guards that uab has, they just wore our good guards out. when we saw phillip hunt in the game in the first half, i knew we were in trouble. they just keep coming in waves. this is a very good team. the more i think about it, i think uab is the best team we have faced thus far as they also had some quality athletes inside as well. arizona only had one inside player and gt really had only guards. i would take uab over both arizona and gt.