We don't want you

I'm not a troll. I like the Billikens and pay to go to their games.

But I'm an Illinois St. alum and if SLU joins the Valley, the conference tournament will leave St. Louis. If Majerus thinks he's locked into a bid because he can force SLU into the Valley and win the auto-bid via home-court advantage, it won't last forever. SLU = A10. Please.

>I think the MVC rumor didn't have much weight behind it.

>Bernie is the only one to my knowledge that mentioned it.

I hope you're right. SLU to the Valley = Conf Tourney in KC. The mileage benefit to having the tournament in STL is marginal. Add SLU to the mix and it tilts toward KC.

the last thing on the agenda of any Billiken fan would be a trip to the past-whatever you say the Valley in spite of a wonderful commissioner will never and I mean never be what it was in the days of the Big O, Wes Unseld, etc when Cincy, Louisville, Memphis, SLU, Wichiita State, Drake, Creighton, Tulsa were the

Valley can't think if I have the list perfect but those days will never

be the same: we need to be in a league of City Colleges or Church League to show we belong on many fronts. SLU does

not appeal to the same students as many of the current members of the valley and the exception might be Creighton who

ought to be added to the A10. Bradley and Butler also might be

close enough to our type. Nothing wrong with the schools in the Valley but they smack of small town third or 4th best programs in most of the states they reside in. For example I think MO State is

a really neat and happening place and I really like the Ozarrks as a backdrop to Springfield's wonderfful people but Wash U. SLU and Mizzou have many levels and lots of years of tradition going for them. Pick Evansville or Indiana

state and you have to say Notre Dame, Indiana, and Purdue are the three top tier teams in the state, Take Iowa and Drake and N. Iowa trail Iowa and Iowa State; take Wichita they know they are not KU or Kstate; Creighton only has Nebraska overshadowing

and Tulsa always was behind OK and OK state-it is just the fact