FYI - Purdue's Incoming Class

moytoy12

Saw this on one of Espn's chats today and thought it shed a little light on Purdue's incoming class. Gives us a little taste as to what C. Martin can do as a recruiter.

"Jill (Bluffton,Indiana) : What do you think of Purdue's incoming class? I think it's the best since the Glenn Robinson era. I've seen E'twaun Moore against Eric Gordon, and he seems to be the real deal.

John Carroll: (1:38 PM ET ) Painter and his staff have done a wonderful job on the recruiting trail. They have been able to get a class that has come in this year that will reestablish them as a top team in the Big 10. Not only did they get quality players in E'Twaun Moore, Scott Martin, Robby Hummel, and JaJaun Johnson, but they also got players from Indiana. They have done a great job reconnecting with the state's talent pool. I think that will pay dividends in the future."

8 times, maybe 9. I know nothing of Purdue's recruiting. Frankly, I don't know anything about Martin outside of what i have heard from BM and 590. Just trying to shed some light on him for others who are out-of-towners and in a similar situation as myself.

I was ridiculed by many for my appreciation of Painter's recruiting work at the beginning of the season when I brought it to the attention of some Billiken Posters. I made mention of Painters recruiting results to illustrate that the rebuilding process doesn't take 5 plus years. The standard response was Painter benefited from the Big 10 and at SLU it would just take a little longer to achieve those same results. I didn't buy that excuse then and I don't buy it now. The number one attribute SLU needs is a Top Notch, A+, Super Recruiter (which RM will be). You have to give credit to Painter because in the end he is the closer and ultimately the person who will get the big bucks or the pink slip.