Q's reasons for loss

slu72

I think what you're saying is nonsense. Bryant and Paulding is a push (although reggie's got a small advantage in ppg, paulding has a small edge in steals and blocks), Frericks vs. Bryant, Johnson, OR Kleiza is silly. Frericks is averaging 8.1 ppg, 6.1 rpg, and 0.3 blocks a game...The lows in each of these stats between the 3 bigs for mizzou is 10.9 ppg (kleiza), 6.1 rpg (bryant), and 0.3 blocks (kleiza). Your contention that Frericks averaging 8.1 ppg, 6.1 rpg, and 0.3 blocks per game is better than Arthur Johnson (in a bad year) averaging 13.7 ppg, 7.5 rpg, and 1.8 blocks per game is silly. And Hunt only plays about 8 minutes a game, I don't think it's fair to compare him to Jimmy McKinney, even as playing a position which is not his natural position.

His only coaching expeirence I believe were as asistants at Duke and as an asistant for the Clipers. He probably should have started out at a smaller school in an easier conferense. Missouri is really looking foolish for selecting Quin over Self.

I think Kleiza, Paulding, and Mckinney. Those are my 3. I would say AJ, but if he can't shoot a mid range shot anymore, he won't make it as a PF in the NBA. McKinnery and Kleiza have enough upside, and Paulding should be a 1st round pick, although not lottery like he might have been with a better performance this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gardner ends up makeing the NBA either. So far he has been one of our better players. I think that he has huge potential. And bryant has shown signs of a game that the NBA would love. If only someone could get him to play with fire every game he could be the second best player on the team.

Roy, that may have been the case at that moment and he may not be where we want him to be in the future - but the other day before the Charlotte game I saw the news and Rene had SLU his first basketball story and they did the piece on Brad at practice. He then on to say like one phrase on Mizzou and then that was it. Let's give this guy a chance before we throw him to the wolves.

not given. People are starting to jump on the bandwagon, but give it time. I remember when the Rams were the underdog and media darling in '99. However when they STARTED winning championships, that's when they started gaining respect. It's irresponsible as a journalist to be any other way.

I thought Coach Brad Soderberg made a good point in his KFNS interview before the Charlotte game. He said that fans, who were projecting them for the NCAA tourney, were foolish. He said they haven't accomplished anything yet, but we would know more about them after these three road games.

Admittedly, SLU has performed above my moderate expectations for the team, but we'll know more after Memphis. If we can split these next two games, we'll be in decent shape. If we don't, so what. It's early in Brad's tenure and I would still believe he has the team on the right track. Be patient...