I think we're looking at five bids

Maybe so. But SLU is unlikely to be one of them. I think you will probably play underachieving Mizzou in the first round of the NIT.

If they play the game will anyone care?

After last nights games Mizzou is 55 in the RPI and SLU is 95. You need top 40 to get in. A few more losses and SLU won't be able to climb high enough, same could be said of Mizzou. But mizzou could get in with 16 or 17 wins if they beat the right teams (kansas, texas tech) and can get their RPI in the low 30's (unlikely).

But maybe Mizzou will play better when they get the mostly clear from the NCAA in a week or two. News out of Columbia is that sanctions will be minimal, sorry to disappoint you all.

i dont read in 2 star's post where he said that the billikens will be one of the five teams. coach soderberg has already said that the billikens need to have 12 conference wins to have a CHANCE. since we have 2 conference losses now, that means winning out cept 2 more. with only houston and tulane left in our conference foes as easy games, no one is denying it is going to be tough.

of course no one was hawking a bid let alone a final four bid pre-season for us. but your beloved kits, they blew it. especially since the ncaa pod system would have given $nyder's boys home games for the entire tourney with a top bid. all i know is i can think of plenty of reasons to be a billiken fan right now. i cant think of any reason to want to be a tiger fan.

>Maybe so. But SLU is unlikely to be one of them. I think you

>will probably play underachieving Mizzou in the first round

>of the NIT.

>

>If they play the game will anyone care?

>

>After last nights games Mizzou is 55 in the RPI and SLU is

>95. You need top 40 to get in. A few more losses and SLU

>won't be able to climb high enough, same could be said of

>Mizzou. But mizzou could get in with 16 or 17 wins if they

>beat the right teams (kansas, texas tech) and can get their

>RPI in the low 30's (unlikely).

>

>But maybe Mizzou will play better when they get the mostly

>clear from the NCAA in a week or two. News out of Columbia

>is that sanctions will be minimal, sorry to disappoint you

>all.

"Minimal sanctions" woo-hoo! That means Snyder probably gets to keep his job. How is that good for you guys?