>mitchell.

>

>siu-e was the only other school to offer him a scholarship

>is my understanding and that was only when simmons was the

>coach there. when simmons took over at evansville he

>continued to recruit the same kids. i would think that

>evansville might be in for a rough go is simmons is still

>recruiting d-2 players.

He's not a D2 player. People assumed he was going football and on top of that his grades were supposedly in trouble. That's what scared teams away. Ability-wise he is definitely D1 and has proved himself against top flight competition on the Midwest Storm who perform well at lots of AAU tourneys every year.

again, show me where i said i knew the answer. i gave my opinion. never said i knew the inside. i have always said i am just a fan and not an insider. if you dont want to debate opinions, dont read or respond to my posts. this board should be debate about topics, not your attitudes about me.

SLUSER Have you seen Lacey play, if so how many times? Just curious what you feel his strengths and weaknesses are?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

>

>How did we miss out on a guy it appears we didn't want.

>

> Official Billikens.com sponsor of H

>Waldman

>

>Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would

>have helped club.

the kid was 2nd team All-Metro as a junior. 1st team all-metro as a senior in both football and basketball. He plays a position where the Bills lack depth Why would they not want him?

quit crying about Lacey. We have all seen this before. Another recruit goes off somewhere else. Did SLU ever consider this guy? Maybe, maybe not. IMO, SLU needs a big man and another PG. However, if SLU continues to "miss out" on players like Lacey (who many consider an average PG), what will SLU have to show? No PG and no center or PF for the 2007-2008 season. I guess only time will tell on who BS recruits. A nice start but still not finished IMO.

Let's come to the facts, it will be very very difficult for SLU to land a top D1 prospect. So why not find those "quality" second tiers and develop them? I am still waiting on Brad developing a player. And please, no one say he has devloped KL and TL yet. Those two were already quality playes and IMO BS had nothing to do with that. There is much left to be desired about BS. But, like I said, only time will tell.

Clock is ticking BS......

vtime, i saw alton play 4x and in every game lacey only played the point when brandon wilson was out of the game.

i will admit lacey did a fine job when he played the point, but wilson was the lead point guard for alton this year.

btw, imo they were the best guard tandem i saw play this year. if wilson was bigger, he would actually be the better prospect as he is the definition of quickness and he just didnt make mistakes. but i think he doesnt have a d-1 body.

Lacey started for good Alton teams for almost 4 years. Most of that time was as the starting pg. Even if he played the sg a lot this year, he plays pg in AAU against the top competition when it matters. No point in debating anyway. He's headed elsewhere.