Will Relphorde and Mitchell sign on Wednesday?

VTIME

The school cannot schedule a press conference, but the individual player may. Usually, the high school coach or AD arranges for it. The university may not comment on any recruit until the receive the actual signed LOI. Players typically fax them to their new coach, but the original has to be received by the university.

>The school cannot schedule a press conference, but the

>individual player may. Usually, the high school coach or AD

>arranges for it. The university may not comment on any

>recruit until the receive the actual signed LOI. Players

>typically fax them to their new coach, but the original has

>to be received by the university.

The school can schedule and hold a press conference to comment on recruits who have signed and SLU has held such press conferences in the past to announce recruits who have signed LOI's. This usually happens during the fall signing period and was done at SLU when the Meyer/Polk/Liddell class signed in 2004 and when the Lisch/Liddell(again) class was signed in 2005. Once the LOI has been received, the coach may comment to the public about the prospect's abilities and future with the team. If any one recruit has made a committment but the LOI is not in the coach may not discuss him but can talk about all others who have turned in their LOI's.

These press conferences are less common during the spring signing because the signing period is longer and many prospects will wait until later in the period to sign.

It would seem to me that if they orally committed and there has not been any rumblings about them changing their minds then why would they not sign on Wed.? - I guess they or their parents could be out of town or something that might delay it a day or two but it would seem to be logical to simply be done with it.

unless it's a really high profile guy. If they are having one you won't hear about it. Schools almost never have news conferences the first day of the spring signing period. They just don't unless there's some monumental signing. Plus I think it is logistical since the players can first sign that day they have to actually get the originals before anything can be announced. I would look for a SLU press release by like Friday afternoon.