Billy G

brianstl

People here in Dallas are saying that the Athletic Dept at TAMU has a meeting scheduled on Thursday to give coach Gillespie a raise. Gillespie has all the support he wants, a brand new arena in College Station, a new practice facility, he makes over 1mil currently and is establishing himself as a legend in CS.

I don't really see the advantage of jumping from TAMU to Arkansas seems like a downward move. I had him penciled in for another SEC job, not this one.

"I don't really see the advantage of jumping from TAMU to Arkansas seems like a downward move."

Depends on whether you believe two very good seasons trumps decades of NCAA success. I don't. I do believe that it's in Gillespie's best interests to stay at A&M because the expectations are lower. Not making the Elite 8 in the next 5 years isn't going to get him fired.

I think he wants to win a national championship. Arkansas ,IMO, offers the better shot at that and I think Gillespie and most coaches would think the same thing. Coaches leave great situations all the time and Gillespie has made TAMU a great situation.

I have really started to sound like a big razorback fan. I am not. I just think it is a really good job. I think it is even a better job now that a coach would be replacing Heath and not Richardson. It is better to be the man who replaces the man who replaced the MAN, than it is to be the man who replaced the MAN.