Soderberg in Poplar Bluff

mackim56

Soderberg, along with Coaches from Missouri, Oklahoma, Ohio, Ar State, USML, Henderson State and others were spotted in the THREE RIVERS gym Tuesday night to watch Three Rivers vs Mineral area battle for a spot in the 16 team NJCAA National Tourney. There were 7 or 8 D-1 type players on the floor. I'am sure they were looking at several players as the smaller Schools do not have a shot at Greskenas or couple of Mineral area players. Griskenas showed why he is region 16 player of the year. He had decent numbers 19 pts, 8-9 boards, couple blocks but once again it was his over all game that had to impress the Coaches. Played all over on D and also help bring the ball up agaist a full court press from Mineral Area. It was one of the most intense games I've seen in a long time. Three Rivers won 85-82 I think. To bad only one of these teams can go to the Nationals.

PS Mineral Area has a point Guard Ricky Claitt about 6' 2" who brad may have been looking at also. He is being recruited by some high Majors, so say the rumors.

Thanks for the post. I was listening to the game on the radio. Mineral Area doesn't have much size and was having a hard time keeping Griskenas off the offensive boards. I understand Griskenas shot something like 11/14 from the line, mostly from being fouled after going back up with an offensiver rebound. Missouri doesn't have any scholarships left and I believe Oklahoma has its scholarship earmarked for a big-time point guard so they were probably there to evaluate the 2008 class.

I wasn't really focusing on Claitt but he does have a strong profile: 47% from three, over 5 assists a game and regarded by his coach as a defensive stopper. Despite his low scoring average, I wouldn't be surprised if we had an interest.

while i admittedly havent seen griskenas, he sounds like he is stemler with a desire to rebound and defend. stemler was a shooter period.

Griskenas official line:

2-5 2pt goal

1-1 3pt goal

12-15 free throws

11 rebounds

3 blocked shots

3 steals

He is our best rebounder playing the 2 and 3 spot -- not real big 6'7" about 215 lbs but with a 40 in vertical and gets up quick like a deer.

3star you may be right about Missouri and Oklahoma looking for next year Archie Valvo 6' 9" 235 is getting looks but only a freshmn, he got in foul trouble early Tuesday night but had 4 boards and 12 points in 14 min. We have another 6'9" and 6' 11" kid comming off bench both freshman.

Mineral area has a host of guards people are looking at and John Fowler 6'4" {plays 6'7"] reminds me of Monroe Douglas, so he may end up at a small D-1 like Ark-State but he can play. At least 3 of thier guards have offers and looks from D-1 teams. Mineral area was just one more big man away from being a top 10 Juco in the Nation.