SLU v. Duquesne in Opening Round

On Wed., Mar. 7, 5:30 p.m. Central time. SLU is the #7 seed.

Obviously, SLU must win that game. A win would bring UMass in Round 2.

Had SLU won tonight against Dayton, SLU would have been the #6 seed and played #11 Temple. So maybe there is a small silver lining in tonight's 2OT loss at Dayton. I would rather play Duquesne than Temple at tournament time.

SLU's RPI took a hit per realtimerpi.com- SLU is now at 80. Dayton is at 72. An RPI of 80 is a precarious spot for NIT purposes. And the RPI will take another hit just by playing Duquesne. For overall advancement to the ultimate goal, winning the A-10 Tournament and getting in the NCAA, IMO it is better to play Duquesne in Round 1. But that could hurt SLU's NIT chances due to the RPI hit SLU will take just by playing the game.

Last night's lost hurt. When we went into this stretch with 2 against Dayton, and one each with UMass and Richmond, I thought we would go 2-2 so I am not surprised but the way we lost this game hurts us a lot. We were so close a couple of times and wasted a career effort from Ian.

Duquesne worries me. I agree they are a preferably opponent to Temple but they have nothing to lose and they didn't end their season the way we did.

Additionally, we have played awful on the road in the A-10, we are 1-7. This is a road game for us.

There is no doubt than when the Big 3 are on we are one of the best teams in this conference. Ian has been doing his fair share but we need Kevin and Tommie to step up.

SLU controls its own destiny, they have a pretty favorable way to the A-10 Title game. They need to take every game one at a time and put together 4 straight, great days of hoops.