CL on the PSL question

GOSLU68

this was her very definitive answer to my question:

Thank you for your support of Billiken Athletics and for the arena. We will be using the Billiken Club Point System to determine selection order for seats. Some seats (approx 28%) will have an arena fee in addition to the price of the ticket. However, the remaining 72% of the house will just be the price of the season ticket.

We will have many, many informational sessions about this plan starting this spring and ample time to answer all your questions. Until then, we need four more wins......see you at the game tomorrow night. Cheryl

Cheryl L. Levick

Director of Athletics

Saint Louis University

3672 West Pine Mall

St. Louis, Mo 63108

314-977-3167

314-977-3264 (fax)

ok, the math i see is 10,600 * 28% = 2968

i wonder exactly where these 3000 seats are?

this could be totally wrong as it is not real distinguishable, but looking at the diagram on the first post it appears like there are about 20 seats per row and 22 rows in the center court sections, that is 440 per side or 880 total in the two center sections...that means there are 2100 MORE fee seats somewhere

just to remind, i posted on here after attending Bass Pro that MOSU currently has a $500 per seat fee in their lower bowl end sections and $1200 in the middle sections, but i don't know how to find that post to see if i remembered these numbers correctly

so if half our seats are $500 and half are $1000 and they all sell, that is $2.25mil per year for the budget to recruit better, advertise better, promote better, etc

i do think a more realistic target would be $250 and $500 for $1.125 mil, but we will see what they need/determine

the cost to attend slu men's basketball is going up, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out

imo CL and the AD get cudos AT THIS POINT for being up front that Billiken Points will be the determinant for seating, they have said this from Day 1 - this will piss off some people sitting center court for years with no BClub standing

the AT THIS POINT indicates the final grade in my book will be determined by the actual application of this system - there will be bitching, no doubt about it

sorry for the long post

If I recall the Billiken Club first two tiers were $125 and $600; someone please correct me if I am wrong. Rams bottom PSL were $1000

as they were over subscribed and none of those bidding in at $500 got a ticket. So until they name the price we won't know and PSL for the Rams meant an interest free loan; if I read CL note correctly she means to charge a premium every season; why not just double the cost of the first 3000 seats instead of calling it a PSL?

Here is that thread on the seating for the new arena. It sounds like it would be a yearly fee/donation along with the ticket price. I know Creighton has something like this on their lower bowl area--all season ticket holders have to make a minimum donation each year to continue to have these seats. I also think Mizz did something similar with their new arena. I guess it is the way things are done now. Actually I am kind of surprised it is only around 3000, I thought it would be closer to 5 to 6000 seats with donation required.

I think the MO thing was a one time payout and you had 5 years to pay it - but they were charging like $5K a seat - I think. If what CL was referencing was an annual thing then why are people calling it a PSL - a PSL is a one time fee and yours to keep as long as you keep buying the season tix.

I could have it wrong, but I thought at Mizz & CU the donations were for so many years like 5 years. After those 5 years though you still had to make/keep your donations at a certain level. The first 5 years might be higher, but to have the good or very good seats you have to keep donating.