Burwell article on disappointing season for SLU

SLUDrew

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/co...3B?OpenDocument

I am with him and everyone else grounded in reality; last night's game was as disappointing when viewed in the context of the whole season, as it was exciting that we came back. Yes we showed some toughness in coming back, but how in the name of all that is holy do you get down like that to one of the worst teams in the conference?

Rational, passionate Billiken fans can still be upset with the team and how this season is playing even after a win.

Of course, I am not a "real fan", even though I continue to buy season ticket, listen to every out of town game on my laptop, and post on here regularly. Those are clearly the actions of someone who hates SLU.

I like Burwell he is a critical thinker without being insulting, belittling or childish like his PD counterpart.

This article is accurate with the exception of the reason around sitting TL.

I wonder if the sitting of TL because of the rule violation built any credibility with the team, since it goes against what DB apparently accused ?

My hope is this team comes together and builds something for next year ie an NIT bid with a win or two.

Tommy's late arrival is just too coincidental for a conspiracy theorist like myself. Either it was orchestrated by Tommy and the coach, or it was a test for the coach orchestrated by Tommy himself or in concert with other players. Either way, benching Tommy at the beginning of the game demonstrated some consistent behavior by the coach, who mentioned Wendell Bennett's situation at Rhode Island in his post game comments.

>>Tommy's late arrival is just too coincidental for a conspiracy theorist like myself. Either it was orchestrated by Tommy and the coach, or it was a test for the coach orchestrated by Tommy himself or in concert with other players. Either way, benching Tommy at the beginning of the game demonstrated some consistent behavior by the coach, who mentioned Wendell Bennett's situation at Rhode Island in his post game comments.<<

Confess to Oliver Stone tendencies. Agree that it was too coincidental that DB complained to coach after Rhodie game that he would not bench TL if it was he who had been late and then, the very next game, it is TL who is late. The players called the coach on his rule and Sodie, to his credit, put his cards on the table to let the players know he was not bluffing. I think Brad won back some credibility with the players by showing some stones and benching both Ian and TL. Admittedly they both played big minutes in the game so it was more symbolic but I believe the point was made.

He seems to be an echo; he seldom actually interviews anyone or has fresh material; he seems like a pretty nice guy but he often is writing about the same thing as another writer; I am surprised the PD

can afford to publish back up articles; but I guess you have to fill out sports pages as we only have 4 page average in the business section; they could save some money getting rid of the Saturday folding machine. I think the Chicago paper does that so people can read on the train on the dailies. Why do we do it Saturday, only? Is it a test to see if we can get the right sections out before the fish stink?