Dear Mr. Soderberg:

Taj79

I posted earlier that I think it is a lack of intensity and toughness, particularly on the road. Ian is the number one culprit because he is a senior and we saw him play much better last year so we know he has the ablility.

Our other two "main" men are Kevin and Tommie who are sophomores. Kevin is hurt but is playing and Tommie is competing but he could use 10-15 more pounds of muscle to really go against some of these guys.

Our point guard play, particularly on the road has not been as good as we need. DP has had some fantastic defensive games like the game against Ahearn but his play on offense has been spotty and there have been some games that he has been overmatched on defense.

If I were to point to the three things that have hurt us this year I would say:'

1. Ian not being what we had hoped as a powerful senior force in the middle.

2. Kevin's repeated injuries, starting with the elbow and then the two terrible hand injuries. I give the guy huge credit for being a warrior. I think he only missed one game!

3. The lack of any consistant quality depth. Our guys on the bench have had some good games but as a group they have not done what we have needed. I was always skeptical of JJ and Danny and their ability to contribute without turnovers or questionable plays, even when they looked so great early, and unfortunately I was right. I watched several early practices and I thought that Dixon would contribute this year for 5 minutes a game but he was a total bust--probably because of his inability to cut it in the classroom.

4. Inconsistant point guard play.

We shall see. The rules have changed a lot since that time. I personally was very involved in the recruiting of Monroe and Roland. Today I would be guilty of an NCAA violation. I am not talking about money or illegal stuff but I sent them letters and met with them and helped with the connection to the school. As I understand it that is now not allowed. I am willing to see what happens this spring and fall before I make my final assessment.

I'd be in a fog if DP was bringing the ball down at the end of a game where I just had a thumping and two freshman back up my point guard until he has the ball back where it was in-bounded and has a 10 second call on him for a lost ball and then the home team sinks a meaningless

shot to extend their lead for no reason. I'd be mad at DP if it wasn't for the fact that we had 4 other players on the court who did not turn around to help out-as seen on the radio-thanks to the non existent P-R

media, etc. are we paying someone to get this team coverage? It is almost as if we were not supposed to win this season and so they did not choose to have TV coverage.next season let's vote to have boosters

sharp, loyal, recruiters who are aluni, other stuff real universities have