The Voyoukas Mystery

pooch

Every so often our beloved center makes appearances at the World-Renowned Simon Recreation Center on the midtown oasis that is The Saint Louis University. Ian is accompanied by a trainer or friend of some sort and they spend a good hour or so lifting and stretching, etc. I even noticed that Ian makes almost daily appearances during big game weeks, i.e. North Carolina. Ian was lifting and getting ready for Hansborough, which he probably should have been doing during the off-season -- it's kind of tough to get ready for a first team All-American in a few days. Even an novice college basketball fan knows that.

Ian has crapped away any dreams of playing in the National Basketball Association (NBA) this season. His lack of discipline and drive is obvious on the court. I hate to think what our team is going to be like with Bryce Hushaq Diesel or some JUCO prospect out there, but I'm ready for the Voyoukas era to be over with at SLU.

He made so much progress between his freshman and junior years that it was hard not to notice and reward him for his efforts. Now, it's like he's running around with a pole shoved up his ass.

Ian did have a urinary tract infection earlier this season, but it shouldn't be hampering his performance on the court.

Where's the old Ian Voyoukas?

When he went to the NBA camps and found out that he was not going to probably be a #1 round selection ever, he obviously lost focus and confidence. I agree - enough is enough with him. Time to move on. This is starting to seem a lot like two years ago where Brad had trouble playing his young players for the next year - maybe he needs to revisit this and start playing Adam and BH more - gee I never thought I would say that.

however the bright spot is that almost all will agree that a couple of months ago, the thought of "missing" our opportunity to make the ncaa was vital as we surely would never have a trio of lisch, liddell and ian again.

now it appears we havent had that "trio" the entire year and will likely better our record from last year without the ian we expected.

i say give me an inside terror on defense and rebounding for next year and this team will exceed what will end up this year.

wait 'til next year, give me a legit 4 and 5, and we'll be better next year. Anyone else getting real tired of waiting until next year? And we're all just anxious as hell to see which legit 4 or 5 signs in the spring. At this point, I'm thinking UB couldn't recruit Charley Sheen to come to free lap dance night at Scores in NYC.

Yeah, I am willing to wait untill next year, but if we are not in the tourney this season (which appears likely) it better be next year with a new coaching staff. The bottom line is that you gotta produce and the current staff is just not getting it done. I am assuming Jason Grunkenmeyer could have a nice career as the junior varsity coach at Moeller.