Results from Washington Tourney

The game itself was awful, as both teams didn't really seem to play well.

Coach Thorpe was in there and I saw talking to both Eckerle and Suggs along with their parents. It would be unreal if we landed both these kids.

Earl Austin Jr. was also there selling his "book"

Results from Game

Suggs had 17

Eckerle 31

Scheer had around 10 I believe ( Nate can you help me out?)

"Coach Thorpe was in there and I saw talking to both Eckerle and Suggs along with their parents."

Future Billikin - before you become a Billikin, perhaps you should bone up on your reading by skimming the NCAA recruiting laws that prohibit coaches from talking to parents and recruits while attending games.

Not something you should be posting if SLU wants continue recruiting these kids.

Just an FYI

iwb, i believe the ncaa covers "bumps" as well. and if at a game if the players bump into a coach i believe pleasantries can be exchanged.

True, "bumps" are allowed, but a fan seeing a coach talking to two different players and their parents are not "bumps". A "bump" is where you couldn't avoid the situation, like walking past a player who happens to be coming the other way and saying hi.

Anyways, I was not trying to give Future Billikin a lesson in the rules, just trying to say 'watch what you put on the boards' as you would be shocked to find out who reads these things. He would have been much better off just to say, "Coach Thorpe was there watching Eckerle and Suggs last night".

MU, when Quinn bumped into McBride/Iggy, he was "lost," and the "bump" lasted for 12 minutes. Q has had affairs that were shorter than that bump.

I also have the viewpoint at this time that the mighty Q really screwed Illinois by NOT getting McBride, who has been a very significant recruiting miss for Illinois. He has improved very slightly in four years at Illinois, while Shannon Brown skyrocketed.;-)

>MU, when Quinn bumped into McBride/Iggy, he was "lost," and

>the "bump" lasted for 12 minutes. Q has had affairs that

>were shorter than that bump.

>

>I also have the viewpoint at this time that the mighty Q

>really screwed Illinois by NOT getting McBride, who has been

>a very significant recruiting miss for Illinois. He has

>improved very slightly in four years at Illinois, while

>Shannon Brown skyrocketed.;-)

Your response made me laugh out loud.

i dont know. it may be. i dont know the facts of this situation. with mcbride, $nyder went to the lockerroom to make sure the bump happened. if he would have been sitting in the stands and the parents walked up to him and initiated the conversation that is different.

Grow up - it is one thing to be a little elastic with the rules and another to flagrant. Flying recruits parents is flagrant, making 200 phone calls is flagrant, visiting briefly with players and parents at a tourney for a couple of minutes is not. If you think this program is going to succeed with all the sharks in it by strictly adhering to every letter of the rules then you are very naive. What Thorpe did was SOP across the country in my opinion.