How is Obi doing this year?

I went to high school with him and he was one of the best players to come out of Houston. A lot of people thought he would go to a big time program his junior year but when he tore his ACL it went all down the drain. I hope the SLU coaches can develop this young man into something special.

Sorry for the immature and classless people on this site.

Unfotunately, it doesn't appear Obi is up to the task of D-1 ball. He came into the season GROSSLY overweight, which is unacceptable. On top of that, he appears to be struggling academically. They are waiting on one more grade last we heard. It remains to be seen whether or not he will be back for the 2nd semester.

>Sorry for the immature and classless people on this site.

>

>Unfotunately, it doesn't appear Obi is up to the task of D-1

>ball. He came into the season GROSSLY overweight, which is

>unacceptable. On top of that, he appears to be struggling

>academically. They are waiting on one more grade last we

>heard. It remains to be seen whether or not he will be back

>for the 2nd semester.

Nice work Hillbilly. You're calling the other posters on here immature and classless and then you go on respond that OBI is too fat and stupid to cut it here.

I remember the excitement the posters on this board had for Obi and Horace and me saying that they would be non-factors and being bashed for it. I warned of Horace's academic issues and Obi's character flaws along with lack of talent, but everyone ignored my warnings. I called out JJ and Bryce and everyone told me about how they were vastly improved and would prove me wrong. They did prove me wrong, they have performed at a level even below what I had anticipated. JJ is the worst basketball player I have ever seen in my life, what a joke. I love how he walks around like a tough guy and like he gives a ###### everytime he fouls or turns the ball over or gives up an offensive rebound. What a clown.

C'mon Phan, I thought your petty insult days were over.

The other responses were just mean. I told the facts. Obi is overweight and needs to trim down to play. Obi and Coach have said that. We are waiting on grades before determing his status. Coach also said that.

Never did I make a fat boy joke or talk about obi being dumb. I'm just trying to add some decorum to a place that is currently being dominated by 5th grade jibber jabber. And no, I'm not talking about the coaching discussions. Just the outright insulting posts.

I suppose Box and Won was correct, this was just bait from your latest Phan moniker.

Some individuals on this board just think all is great in billiken land. They will believe anything Brad or the coaches will release to the public such as, "Obi and Horace are great athletes". The only thing those too look athletic at is eating. Maybe we will see them on July 4th at the Nathan Hot dog eating contest.

Lets count for Brad, that makes 2 wasted scholarships + the one hold over = 3 wasted scholarships. Unreal how a D-1 school can have 3 wasted scholarship.

"3 wasted scholarships" - That is extremely generous TKBilliken especially looking at a team that only plays 7 guys. Included in that 7 is a kid who has a little bit of athleticism but plays with zero intensity and heart and could not guard his mother and another kid who has robbed SLU of money for the past 5 years. I don't know any specifics on this, but Terry Evans was a kid from the area who I would much prefer to see play out there over watching Danny Brown ###### on the floor game in and game out. Justin Johnson is the definition of a wasted scholarship. JJ has played 136 minutes for the Bills while contributing 15 points, 9 turnovers, and 26 fouls. Bryce Husak has been around for 4 years and this season has played a total of 72 minutes thru 15 games contributing 20 points and 14 rebounds. Obi and Horace are the epitome of wasted scholarships. Adam Knollmeyer (although I think he could become a solid player) currently has more fouls and more turnovers, 9 a piece, than he does points, 7. Dustin Maguire has played a total of 25 minutes and has one basket. I would say all of those are good examples of wasted scholarships. That leaves you with Ian Vouyoukas, Tommie Liddell, Kevin Lisch, Luke Meyer, and Dwayne Polk. Good work.

Thats a real bummer that Obi is not succeeding at SLU. He was the 2004 Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) Player of the Year and the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches (TABC) private school Player of the Year. That award is very hard to get as a senior and he got it as a junior. I really hope Brad keeps him on because the people in Houston see a lot of promise in this young man.

I live and work in Houston and work with a guy who is huge into high school sports. I asked him what he knew of Obi Ikeakor and he said he had never heard his name and that there was no way he was a top 25 player in the state. He said that being the private school player of the year is likely not as impressive as one may think. So you have heard people in Houston talk Obi up?

FromGreece this ObiPhan is just some loser who uses the Phan tag on his multiple screennames, he just copied and pasted that blurb about Obi being a top HS talent. Obi would have been lucky to be 6th all Houston his junior or senior season. He was deemed a project from the get-go because of his knee. This Phan probably couldn't even tell you where Missouri City is located.