Perspective - Status of Basketball Program

then why ask?

to play along though, at this point, i would guess he would be thinking about kramer before making a decision. is kramer big ten worthy? probably not due to his size (or lack thereof).

Taj.

Agree with your comments including probably premature to list as the Liddell & Lisch era. Guys with this talent ... possibly I'm already envisioning their leadership not only this year but the years to come.

I do, though, think you need to reconsider the recent 3 recruiting classes:

DP, DB and LM is not a bad class - definitely a good start

KL and TL obviously a good class but not great b/c there should be 3 good recruits each year. Who knows about OI albeit he redshirted

AK and DM seem solid and HD had talent but is not suited for any college. I applaud the late effort and try by Brad.

To me, these are three decent classes. It is the senior class that is the problem. Yes, IV is good, possibly great, but JJ is weak and there is no one else. Good teams, and especially NCAA teams who don't get the McDonald All-Americans to lead the team as Freshmen, have senior leadership. Look simply at recent SLU history: Sloan really picked up his game his final year. Even Carlos MacCauley had a fine Senior year. Face it, we are paying the price for poor recruiting 4 years ago, not these past 2.

Fault can, and should be leveled against Brad for not bringing in a JUCO for this year. Fine, we lost Stemler to IU but if he could only have brought in a servicable guy: Justin Johnson, Tyrone Caswell, Eric Jones, David Robinson. If the guy didn't turn out, then fine, it's only a scholarship for this year and next.

Fault can be leveled against Brad for no fall recruits, however, I really believe that Brad thinks he can get 1 or 2 JUCOs and is holding out for the Vashon kid.

With all that said, it is really disappointing that Brad ca