Soderberg a regular Knute Rockne

Boy, I tell ya...when the breaks are beating the boys, you really want to get fired up with the following quote:

"I told the guys at halftime that they were soft," Soderberg said. "I thought they came out and played the game like they were playing in the YMCA men's league. That was the noon game, and they had another game at 6 o'clock, so let's go out and hoop it up."

Wow, expect that quote to be put on a plaque and installed in the new locker rooms in the new arena. Kids all over the country will be listening to this speech on their phonograph players, and a movie is in the works.

Wow. If it works, it works. But this might be one of the worst halftime speeches ever recorded. Probably beats my Dad's halftime speech when our Father Sweeney Cougars were down by 25 to St. Vincent DePaul --- "you guys are playing like a bunch of *******." We ended up losing by 30. Good stuff.

Go Irish

what is it with T Timmerman of the Post-doesn't he get it Brad has turned the corner; two years ago he stopped screaming at the refs; and this year he has had a number of good second halves; remember last year when the other tean adjusted and we just went down like chaff at harvest time