UW @ UCLA

the Bruins are looking very impressive leading the Huskies 47 - 33 at the half. But I think UNC is better right now, after watching several of their games. The whole Pac 10 is very competitive this year, so I'm pretty sure UCLA will lose a few games. I liked the way Oregon looked yesterday at OSU in Corvalles.

UW loaded with impressive Frosh and Sophs...tough game for Dentmon, ...UCLA is a team that can win in half court or uptempo, something a lot of teams can't do, and they can defend. UW also has yet another good class for next year too. Back to back years with impressive local kids...Romar got Brockman to stay home instead of Dukle, and Hawes to stay home instead of UNC. UW is a nice top 25 level team, that teams need to beat this year, because next year, if Hawes stays, they will be among nation's best, and elite.

The Wildcats just looked great scoring 89 ( 2 above season average ) beating the Cardinal by 14 at home. I take back what I said yesterday about UNC, I can't wait to see UCLA vs. UA

Did anyone else enjoy Bob Knight's press conference as much as I did? I get a bit nervous when he gets the mike, but enjoyed some of his stories. He is very OLD SCHOOL.

I'm wearing out my TVs PIP today.

Pac 10 speak,

Was torn the other night watching SC-UW. My motto is Billiken Basketball and Trojan football,but root for SC in other sports,didn`t know who I wanted to win Tommy or Lorenzo,tried to just enjoy the game,only wish those west coast games were earlier.

Bob,

The best hoops teams I have seen this year so far in no order are UCLA, Arizona, Alabama, UNC, Florida, Wisconsin.

As for football, the aggressive teams seem to be getting rewarded for not being conservative....BSU, Oregon St, and found it very interesting that unlike most teams, USC came out very aggressive after Michigan scored to get back in the game in 2nd half...most coaches would try to run some clock, etc..but USC's exploited Michigan's secondary by continuing to throw and throw and throw with solid protection with tiring Michigan D-line in 2nd half. The finish to the Boise St, game was probably the best I have ever seen.