off subject-but has anyone ever....

alameda bob

heard of this? The California State High School Football Championship games will be played in LA for the first time since 1927. There are 1,433 high schools in the state now and it had grown too big. But this year a North vs. South 3 size format puts 3 Bay Area schools against 3 LA area schools.

The small division features little Catholic Cardinal Newman of Santa Rosa where I live against mighty Oaks Christian-Westlake Villiage. The Oaks team has ELEVEN D-1 PROSPECTS!! There are only about 100 senior boys in the school which is only 7 years old.

QB Jimmy Clausen has committed to Notre Dame, 2 teammates to USC, 2 to Oregon, 1 to Florida, 1 to Texas A&M, etc. People wish they would bid up to play DeLaSalle, the large school champ, who is ranked #1 in the USA.

All 3 games will be on statewide TV tomorrrow, starting at 11AM

Well...look on the bright side Bob, Wendell Tyler's kid(USC) got hurt earlier this year and I believe is out for the year for Oaks Christian.(and he is an amazing talent) I didn't know they were going to switch up the format this year. Hey Bob, BTW random here, but did you vote down the light rail for Sonoma when the voting took place? Could have saved you some car time this week.

Marc Tyler has rushed for 123 TD's and injured his knee in the first playoff game. His replacement, also USC bound safety Marshall Jones stepped into the backfield and has rushed for 305 yds, 7 TDs in 3 games! He's 6'1", 188 lbs, has run 100 meters in 10.6!! Not much difference. Oaks is the #2 ranked team in CA. and should play #1 DLS, not poor little Newman.

I voted against the train because of the outrageous price tag. I'm retired now and can drive non commute times and don't need any more taxes. My property tax here is already over $10K/yr.

DeLaSalle is a Christian Brothers high school with an enrollment of 1,034 boys. There are 800 girls across the street at sister school Carondelet. The Principal of DeLaSalle is Brother Chris Brady, who is QB Tom Brady's uncle.

DLS competes well in all sports. DLS is defending state champs in basketball. The baseball program is very strong too. The football team at DLS holds the national record 151 game winning streak, which ended 3 seasons ago.

St. Ignatius plays in the middle division in football. DLS plays in the big school division. They don't play each other in football. DLS did play Serra the last 2 years in football, which is in SI's conference.

In high school basketball there are 5 divisions in CA. The best example of a small school moving up to play tougher competition was when tiny St. Joseph-Notre Dame of Alameda had Jason Kidd. They were class 5 in enrollment and moved all the way up to class 1 and won both his Jr. & Sr. years against huge So. Cal. schools. The finals were played at Arco Arena in Sacramento on a totally neutral court.

I loved watching SJND battle DLS back then. The Spartans warm up was great when they finished up by belly flopping around the center circle on a dead run and sliding together to all join hands!

The completely random thing is I was in the Santa Clarita Valley this summer and went past the high school and college in Canyon Country Canyon several times...it is a few miles from Magic Mountain area. It was about 114 degrees one day. There was an absolutely gem of a place to get lobster rolls in nearby Valencia,(Origami) and that was about it...it was about 35 miles or so N of LAX. ...due west of Ventura and Malibu.