Is anyone planning to be at the UOP game on Dec. 12?

SLU plays UOP at 7:00 Pacific in Stockton, CA on Dec. 12. There is a SLU alumni function prior to the game that I believe starts at 5:00.

Looking at UOP, this would appear to be a winnable game for SLU. But SLU has had a lot of trouble winning in California in the past.

UOP goes 6'7", 6'7" and 6'5" in the front court. UOP's best player is Anthony Brown, 6'7" 225 lb. Soph. forward from Sacramento, who is averaging 18.0 PPG and 8.1 RPG. UOP brings two 6'8" guys off the bench. The two starting guards are averaging 12.0 and 11.0 PPG.

UOP is coached by veteran Bob Thomason, who is in his 18th year at UOP.

UOP is 3-4 with 2 games to play before the SLU game: Wed. night at Sac State and Saturday night at home against Santa Clara. SLU and UOP have 1 common opponent. UOP lost at Texas A&M 74-62. Also, of some interest, UOP beat UMKC in Alaska by one point (71-70).

you have to figure we can match up at guard( for the most part) and IV can at least hold his own against TH if he grows a sack, but Wright is going to tear us a new one. ######, Dixon is the only one to match up with Wright on the defensive side of the ball athlectic wise. YIKES!

I only saw a small part late in the game of UOP's 79-72 home win over USF, which was on TV out here. From the stats, this Anthony Brown is 41-68 in field goals, .603, but has not attempted a 3 pointer. He must be an inside player. He is 44-56, .786 at the free throw line, so fouling him is not the answer.

Agreed that IV should be able to dominate against UOP, if the real IV shows up. I sure hope so because I would like to see a win out here for a change.

I saw UOP play at Santa Clara a few years ago. As I recall, UOP liked to get up and down the floor. But they have a whole new team now. And their big stars from the last couple of NCAA teams are gone. Bob Thomason is a solid, veteran coach and has enjoyed success in Stockton playing out of the Big West Conference. That conference is nowhere near what it used to be since UNLV moved to the Mountain West.

This is a game that SLU could and should win. Still it is tough to play 2,000 miles away from home. There is no doubt that has been a factor in SLU's trips to California in the past.

I'll be there with my sweet wife, Paulena. I look forward to getting together with you and other alums & fans at the party.

I got a chuckle out of the postcard that came last week. Stockton is 80 miles east of San Francisco and 90 miles from my house in Kenwood. It said "the Billikens are headed back to San Francisco!"

I'm excited to see the team after reading posts here.

I was also amused at that card. At least it timely arrived out here. I thought only native Californians didn't understand geography. A number of these folks don't know what lies east of Reno.

Stockton is a world of difference from San Francisco. Both are in Northern California, but that is about where any similarities end. If the Billikens think they are making a road trip to the Bay Area, they are going to be in for a rude awakening out there in the Valley.

I would rather SLU be playing USF, Santa Clara, or St. Mary's, but suspect this matchup with UOP was made with the RPI in mind.