Issue To Ponder

Taj79

I think the majority of the posters on this site would agree that although we may be able to have some success in the A-10, we will not succeed beyond that with Luke Meyer starting at the power forward position. This is not a new situation and is something we had discussed heading into the season. Lets hope JJ and Adam Knollmeyer were headed in that direction prior to their injuries and will be able to produce at that position in the near future. If not, I will get back on my soap box and take it to the staff for not finding an answer at the 4 for yet another season.

anyone can see that obi isnt going to win any races. however, from the time he has played, he has shown remarkable instincts and a soft touch. obi has the skills to be effective, why he doesnt devote himself to conditioning is anyone's guess but it took vouyoukas two years to "get it" as well. i'll wait.

as to dixon, he is an athlete. there is no way to hide that. coming to the land of division one college basketball likely is quite the learning curve. some pick it up faster than others.

i do not, however i remember coach soderberg say that obi had a weight goal he had to achieve to be allowed to go to texas. maybe the goal incentives have continued?

I think Tennessee plays on ESPN2 Wednesday night, if you get a chance take a look at the power forward on The Tennessee team and see if you see any resemblence to Luke. They have a 6'4" power Foward and I don't think they are unhappy with the way he plays. In fact you may see a little of Luke in the way he plays.

Bradshaw started every game last season, but at the 3 and he is listed as a guard. They started Major Wingate and either Andre Patterson or Stanley Asumnu in the front court last season. He probably starts at the power forward position this year, but I would have to believe it is due to the removal of Wingate from the team.