A short interview with XU's coach Miller

brianstl

Xavier's weak link is their coach. There was absolutely no excuse for Xavier to miss the postseason altogether coming off an Elite 8 appearance, then following that up with an 8-8 mark in a weak A-10 last year. If the Musketeers hadn't caught fire in the A-10 tournament Miller would be on the hot seat right now. Hopefully the guy grows into the position. He appears to be a straight shooter and the conference really needs Xavier to be strong.

I was kind of thinking the same thing about Miller. I also think there are too many coaches like this in the A10 right now. Coaches that have yet to really prove themselves to where you know the team will compete and make few mistakes, Gregory, Brad, Miller, Lutz, Whittenberg(spelling?) Solomon and Baron. I see Martelli as pretty much head and shoulders above the rest of the league at this point. It will be interesting to see in the next couple of years which of these coaches make the adjustments and which don't. To me the head coaches are the key to this league and that is probably why the league has been down the last couple of years.