Jacob Pullen info

ibruce1

Matt Schwade

FlyerHoops.net

Talk about it in The Tigers' Lair

Jacob Pullen is a hot commodity and Dayton is right in the thick of the race for the Illinois point guard. Pullen's outstanding summer has garnered him some attention from some outstanding basketball programs, he has cut his list to five and will be making his official visits soon.

Pullen told FlyerHoops.net on Sunday that his list has been trimmed to five, his final five. He made it be known that one of those five schools will be his college choice and where he'll spend his four years playing basketball and getting an education.

"UAB, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Dayton, and St. Louis," he began. "I'll take those visits after I take the ACT."

He's scheduled to take the ACT on September 16, and then he'll be eligible to make his five official visits to narrow his list down to a decision.

Pullen started school last week and he seems eager for the next step in his life. "It's going good, it's my senior year and I'm looking forward to finishing out and graduating."

Jacob said open gyms for basketball begin on September 9 as he wants to go out his senior season with a bang.

We asked Jacob to talk a little about each of his five schools, and here is what he had to say:

UAB They're an uptempo team, Mike Davis is a good coach, and it seems like a good situation. They play Memphis every year and are in Conference USA, it sounds nice.

Oklahoma Same situation, I'm not sure how uptempo, but no point guards. The need a point guard to come in right away and they play in a great conference, have a great schedule, it's a great opportunity.

Kansas State Bob Huggins is a great coach from what I heard and what I know. Michael Beasley is the best player in the countr and he's going there and suppossedly Bill Walker might go there too, so it would be nice to play with some of the best players in the nation.

Dayton Chris (Wright), Devin (Searcy), Coach Gregory, Coach Schmidt and all the coaches. They've showed they are committed to me this summer, and they have two great players coming in, two players that are friends of mine. And I know we would all be there for four years so that would be nice.

St. Louis Play right away, and most likely start. It's the closest school on my list to home that I am interested in. It seems real nice and there are a lot of Chicago coaches on their staff.

Ultimately, Jacob just wants to make sure it feels like home. "I want to make sure I can have fun and not sit the bench for three or two years. I don't necessarily have to start, but I want to play right away."

Again, he'll take his ACT on the 16th, and begin his official visits shortly after.

We'll continue to update you on Jacob Pullen as well as other top 2007 recruiting targets. Stay tuned to FlyerHoops.net, the best in Dayton basketball coverage.

UD has other guards coming in for officals before Pullen's visit. There might not be a 'ship waiting for him by the time his offical is scheduled. I don't think we (UD) can take the chance and wait for him. He won't get to UD until October according to his schedule.

Liddell is not necessarily the point guard, he plays point forward and does handle the ball alot. However, getting a PG who can drive to the hoop, shoot with a degree of proficiency would allow SLU a lot of options and open up the athletic part of Liddell's game. Lisch is a good shooter, solid ball handler, but he lacks elite quickness to create on the drive and create his own offense (as up to the end of last year, he could suprise).

So an elite PG with a jump shot, Liddell, Lisch and two PFs. I think I could live with that team.

"Lisch is a good shooter, solid ball handler, but he lacks elite quickness to create on the drive and create his own offense"

I think Lisch possesses more than enough quicks to create for himself on the drive. What he doesn't possess is the hops or the length to finish in the lane at this level so he's having to settle for a lot of jump shots. Pullen is actually a very similar offensive player.