Happy 4th to everyone (off topic)

I agree his message is good, but a majority of rappers are nothing like him. 50 cent, Cam'ron, and Lil' John are terrible for the black culture. Sure there are a few exceptions, but the majority are always going to be more vocal. 50 Cent prides himself on getting shot from a bad drug deal, while all lil john does is rap about getting "crunked". ARe you willing to rip on them like you do you everyone else? Also, jay-z is definitely not trying to relay proper english.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO, V. This is NOT a political debate. I don't get into those.

What he hell are you looking for? You can't celebrate the 4th because slavery was abolished a century ago. You can't go to school because "your people" can't get scholarships/loans. You don't want a ROTC scholarship because you may go to war. Dude, GROW UP!! Do you want your life handed to you on a f***ing silving platter?!?! Do you think your and/or your people deserve that?! EVERYBODY has to work for what they get.

You obviously feel VERY sorry for yourself. Supposedly you are in college and have a scholarship. If that's the case, YOU'RE the hipocrite!!

I rip on them everyday to people. They are the reason why rap does get such a bad name. There are guys make music I respect like Kanye, Common, Mos Def, Dead Prez, Nas, J. Ivy, and Talib Kweli. Those artists have music that is about something. They all respect each other. On Jay-Z's Black Album

He has a line that goes:

If skills sold,

truth be told

I'd probably be

Lyrically Talib Kweli

Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense, but I sold 5 mil,

And I aint been rhymin like Common since.

then Talib gave him some love on the Beautiful Struggle CD with the line:

If skills sold,

truth be told,

I'd probably be

As rich and famous as Jay-Z

Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense,

Next best thing do a record with Common Sense.

Unfortunately you're right, they are not the majority and with the exception of Kanye and Jay-Z the other guys dont sell because nobody wants to hear about anything but drugs, sex and alcohol.

On Talib's new CD he has a song called Drugs, Basketball, and rap.

The chorus goes

Ni**az gettin caught in the trap

For the cash its the drugs, basketball, or the rap,

There's more to us than that

That's the kind of message people need to hear, but it's not what's popular, so I guess you can say to a certain extent that the wound of this horrible music is mostly self-inflicted.

>I agree his message is good, but a majority of rappers are

>nothing like him. 50 cent, Cam'ron, and Lil' John are

>terrible for the black culture. Sure there are a few

>exceptions, but the majority are always going to be more

>vocal. 50 Cent prides himself on getting shot from a bad

>drug deal, while all lil john does is rap about getting

>"crunked". ARe you willing to rip on them like you do you

>everyone else? Also, jay-z is definitely not trying to relay

>proper english.

You need to stop posting about rap music or we're going to have to change your name to Future VanillaIceiken.

V just shut the f up. I don't want to hear about your crap. I'm working and using loans to pay for college. Both my parents used the same process to pay for their college. None of my grandparents went to college, all had to work. If you are poor and want to be something, there are still ways. Dropping minority schollies is a fing great idea. Slavery has been over a long time, stop demanding rights and money from that. Were you a slave? was your mother? was your grandmother? was your great grandmother? Slavery shouldn't be an issue anymore, it is was terrible but stop making white people feel bad about something you don't know anymore about then the next person. Stop talking about Bush. If you didn't vote for him, then good for you. More Americans voted for Bush in the last election then any president in history. There is fighting in Iraq so deal with it. We have more of a reason to be there then we did in Vietnam. My dad was in the Army during Vietnam and he never complains about it. Sometimes you got to deal with crap instead of talking crap. You sitting on this board ripping everything dones't solve any problems or make anything better. So take your tennis racquet and stick it in your.....you know where.

You think getting rid of the minority scholarships was a good thing? Why? Who did it benefit? After Bush stole the first election did you really think that he couldnt take the second one. Where am I trying to make white people feel bad about slavery? Please show me a link. When did I demand rights? I thought we all had rights, well since Jim Crow ended. How happy would you be about Vietnam if your dad was killed? We dont have a reason to be over there. Why are we trying to make them democratic and divert funds over there when we have serious problems over here like. People died of dehydration in New Orleans. Are you telling me he couldnt have sent them more water. This was days after the disaster occurred. I'm watching CNN, people are dying. Bush did a fly over. A flyover! He's over there because they tried to kill his father. Osama bin Laden is not from Iraq. He's the one responsible for the 9/11 attack. What were doing hunting down Saddam. Bush is full of crap.