You guys see this?

This is a pretty ridiculous idea in my opinion. Apparently California is trying to pass a bill to allow athletes to recieve money and hire agents (among other things). This inturn would completely isolate all California schools from the NCAA. Nobody wins in my opinion. The schools lose an incredible amount of money, and the fans are getting screwed. And what kid would want to go to a california school if they could only compete with other schools in the state and for no national title?

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/news/2003/1028/1649193.html

This will never get signed by our new Governor. I don't know much about Senator Murray, but am very familiar with John Burton. I don't have anything nice to say about him so will leave it at that. My understanding is Harry Edwards wants the jocks to get a bigger piece of ther NCAA pie and they are slowly making changes to benefit the atheletes without a "bill of rights" by holding Myles Brand's feet to the fire. I was not suprised to read about Stanford's athletic endowment after seeing the swim facility and golf course on their campus. It rivals any resort I've ever seen.