See Ya' Izzy.

Taj79

Don't know how the kid did down at George Washington U. but the Baltimore area for the most part was spared Isabel's wrath. We had four inches of rain on Monday here that pre-flooded and saturated the ground and local streams which forebode Izzy badly. However, the storm's path went far enough west that what was going to be 8 to 12 inches of rain turned into 1 to 3. I have a Sunday tee time that will probably hold up.

We did experience some pretty hellacious winds ... so much so that I moved the kids to the basement for sleep at about one this morning. We back up to some 60 to 70 foot oaks and poplars and I didn't know they could bend so much! Anyway, I thought three floors of protection were better than one! Nice to report no damages ... personal or property .....yet. Winds are expected to die out by this afternoon.

What I can't believe is that VaTech and A&M actually played a game in that mess in Blacksburg last night.

If you see pictures, the worst is those living along the Chesapeake Bayfront. High tide is today at 1; storm surge is up around another 5 to 8 feet, and waves are on top of that at 4 to 7 feet. The damage dollar figures for this area will be huge!

How'd you do, kid?

Around here it was fine, at least from what I have seen so far.

It did hit us, we had some really strong winds and rain late last night. A lot of kids went out in it (I kinda wish I did after the fact), and the Petomic (sp) was knee deep on the board walk. But there was no real damage around here, and today it looks beautiful out. But all of that only last a little less than an hour.

There were winds all day, but nothing that took out a tree in front of my dorm (the thing is not the strongest looking thing, but it is still in the group).

Pretty much Izzy lasted for an hour around here, and I wouldn't describe it to be a "Hurricane" just a bad storm.

But I am A-Okay with 2 days off of school

Steve